Honored Contributor

Anyone getting Mally's best ever lipstick trio?

That packaging is so pretty (no I don't buy things for the packaging!) and the colors looked really pretty on the models. I've never tried Mally's lipsticks, only her liquid lipcolors which I don't super love -I don't dislike them either but there are plenty of things I like better. My only problem with lipsticks is they are hardly ever moisturizing and are quite the opposite, drying. However, she says they are moisturizing so??

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone getting Mally's best ever lipstick trio?

nevermind, she just said they have peppermint oil in them.{#emotions_dlg.sad} The host called it "hydrating" peppermint oil. Sorry but peppermint oil is not hydrating and can, in fact, be drying and irritating. Oh well.

Occasional Contributor

I might. Well I really want, but going to wait to the end of the day to see if I like any of the OTOs better. I love the cute cherry blossoms packaging and love pink and berry shades. Unsure of the Ginger shade.

Super Contributor

I am the fairest of the fair so they are too dark for me. Cute packaging though.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/13/2014 HappyDaze said:

nevermind, she just said they have peppermint oil in them.{#emotions_dlg.sad} The host called it "hydrating" peppermint oil. Sorry but peppermint oil is not hydrating and can, in fact, be drying and irritating. Oh well.

Peppermint oil BURNS my lips since I am allergic to peppermint. I had to return the Tarte Lipsurgence products as they also contain peppermint oil. Peppermint is a known irritant. I wonder why it is added to lipstick and other products.

Respected Contributor

These lipsticks contain that stain that so many do not like. You can her Mally say it in the online video that is on the product description.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2014 turtle52 said:
On 1/13/2014 HappyDaze said:

Peppermint oil BURNS my lips since I am allergic to peppermint. I had to return the Tarte Lipsurgence products as they also contain peppermint oil. Peppermint is a known irritant. I wonder why it is added to lipstick and other products.

It burns my lips as well (although I am not allergic) so I feel your pain! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} And I cannot wear the Tarte lipsurgence either for the same reason.

Some include it in their lip products because since it does cause irritation, it can cause a temporary "plumping" of the lips. I personally do not want swollen lips because they are irritated! Might as well have a bee sting them while they are at it, then I could really get "plumped" lips! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Others do it to give it a refreshing scent. I also remember one vendor says the peppermint in her lip products makes your breath seem like it smells minty. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

All the reasons they do it are kind of silly and unnecessary.

Respected Contributor

A bit too bright for my fair skin and peppermint oil was an immediate deal killer.
Trusted Contributor

I was totally tempted, but the price was a bit too high for three. I got the new four Tarte Lip Shines that were just posted instead!

Occasional Contributor

I love pepperminty lip products (guess I'm not allergic to them), and thought the packaging was lovely, but only one of the colors looked to be good for me (the coral), so I passed. I liked the idea of 'staining' on the lips, too. Mally's liquid lipcolor is nice, but runs into my horrible lines above the lip, so I generally stick with 'regular' type lipcolors.