Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone get their honey lilac CC yet?

On 3/9/2015 Katmary said:

This has honey, but not the four complex that last summer's Peach dd, right?

Here are the product ingredients for you to compare:

Summer Honey Peach (2014)

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice,Peach Fruit Extract, Apricot Kernel Extract, Manuka Honey Extract, Eucalyptus Honey Extract, Orange Blossom Honey Extract, Sage Honey Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Açai Fruit Extract, Seaweed Extract, Green Tea Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Mango Seed Butter, Mango Seed Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide 7, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 60, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, PCA, Fragrance, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Amodimethicone, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Carbomer, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid.

Spring Honey Lilac (2015)

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Lilac Extract, Green Tea Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Seaweed Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Tripeptide­1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide­7, L­Valine, L­Threonine, L­Proline, L­Isoleucine, L­Phenylaline, L­Histidine, L­Alanine, L­Serine, L­Arginine, L­Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glycerin, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Amodimethicone, Carbomer, Polysorbate­60, Polysorbate­20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance.

Valued Contributor

On 3/9/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/9/2015 SeaRae said:

OMG!! ....just like heavenSmiley Happy I just received mine, and it smells wonderful! Just like fresh lilacs, on a spring breeze...mmmm. I just ordered 2 more. I rank it right up there with SHP, SMC, and FTP. My mom smelled mine, and she doesn't even use WEN, regularly, but she went and ordered 3 of her own, as a conditioner, after she tried to take mine, LOLSmiley Wink Not gonna happen!

hahaha! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

It sounds great. Very tempting. I love the lavender scent so if this is just a little similar in scent, I may be tempted to order at least one. I wish they had it locally, so I could go smell it.
Formally NewtoWen
Regular Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I'm looking at those ingredients it appears the new honey lilac has a true modified honey and the SHP has 4 honey EXTRACTS.

Valued Contributor

I live in Wisconsin and although mine was supposed to be delivered today (03/10/2015) it has been rescheduled to be delivered on 03/11/2015. I grew up around several lilac bushes and now that we have built our own home we have been going to nurseries across the state and back researching different species of lilac bushes that would grow to the height we are looking for along with fragrant blooms along with a color that is complimentary to our other trees, bushes, and other flowers and plants we have in our landscape. I will be honest there are VERY few flowers I enjoy the smell of so much so I myself would want to walk around smelling like, but a lilac is in that group of the very few. I think because th fragrance makes me feel vibrant and young (at heart at least, LOL) unlike some floral scents. Either way I will give my take on it when it arrives and all the reviews left here have me very excited to try it and have been very helpful! Smiley Very Happy
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 VaBelle35 said:

I just used it in the shower. It is very light, lighter than FTP and SOB. It is definitely floral. I will give you "clean" floral because there are no harsh notes in it at all, it is just a very light floral that smells exactly like lilacs.

It is quite lovely. I was a little put off when it first arrived, but letting it breath a bit and using it in the shower makes a big difference in how it smells.

Can you gauge the amount of moisture it provides say, compared to SHP? I know you've only used it one time but just initial impressions?

I only used it for the first cleanse and I was washing out an oil treatment.

When I was washing, I didn't feel like I needed anything else with it (like with POM, I feel it's drying and I need to add FIG or something to it) and when I washed it out, my hair didn't feel dry. I didn't feel like I needed to use FIG as a second cleanse (I used TT and CA). I did a heavy leave in of 613 and FTP.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Ok my take on the performance...It is the same to me as SHP/FTP/WWC....I used it for both cleanses, and only put in a small amount of my 613 sc...My curls are not just bouncy but almost looked like when I was able to use soft water on my hair....I love it!...and as far as the scent, it gets better to me when your hair is wet.....a softer scent, my bathroom smelled like a spa...Will get all I can of the one!....

Contributor

Got my lilac yesterday. When I opened the package, I put a little on my hands. Smelled so good. In the shower last night the smell was too much. It reminded me of poo-pourri. Like it, but strong scented.

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Greenqueen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I'm looking at those ingredients it appears the new honey lilac has a true modified honey and the SHP has 4 honey EXTRACTS.

That what it looks like. From what I can gather through poking around the Internet, the Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey (also called Honeyquat 50) in the new Honey Lilac CC is modified to make it non-sticky. That makes me think it's still honey and more than just an extract, but I'm no scientist.

http://www.ulprospector.com/en/na/PersonalCare/Detail/761/113519/Honeyquat-50-PF

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 3/10/2015 Greenqueen said:

That what it looks like. From what I can gather through poking around the Internet, the Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey (also called Honeyquat 50) in the new Honey Lilac CC is modified to make it non-sticky. That makes me think it's still honey and more than just an extract, but I'm no scientist.

http://www.ulprospector.com/en/na/PersonalCare/Detail/761/113519/Honeyquat-50-PF

They use a processed form of honey (one made lighter and deodorized) and react with an other substance (specifically a chlorohydroxytreimethylammonium derivative for those who like to know those things) which makes it not pure honey but more like an extract of honey hybridized with another component . It isn't just like the 4 honey extract which sounds like a pure form of honey, not a processed, lighter version. Hence the reason most probably don't find it as moisturizing as SHP and why those that found SHP too heavy like the lighter ones containing the honey extract (i.e. Honeyquat 50).

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2015 quadmimi said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE....the smell is just like a fresh spring breeze, can smell the lilac but not too much...will use it in morning for performance, but it feels amazing when I put it on my hand...I want more without using it yet!!..Smiley Happy

I am a little different in that respect- the formula is more important than the scent and even if I love the scent (I really like BGT scent but too drying for my hair so I don't use it), I won't use it if it doesn't work well for my hair.

ITA. Even if I love the scent if I don't see the results I like from the formula I will not continue to buy it. The BGT is a tad drying for my hair too. So far I love the WWC. My SHL & SOB are out for delivery today. Can't wait to try them Guess I will try the SHL this afternoon. My UPS driver is usually here around 2:30. I did not think I would receive these until the end of the week since I just ordered late on the 5th.