Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone get the Chi Smart styler, and why?

On 5/11/2014 KJPA said:

BeautyAddiction, PYT stands for Pretty Young Thing, an embarrassing name since I'm far from that Smiley Wink It's a ceramic flat iron/styler. I think the Chi is titanium. I wonder which is better for hair or if they are pretty much the same?

The Chi says it's Titanium and Ceramic.
Valued Contributor

I didn't buy this tsv. But I have the same one from an earlier tsv. Have had it over a year and LOVE it. Takes only seconds to heat and style my hair. It doesn't leave the hair dry or brittle. Would definitely buy this iron again. Love the digital so you can change tempature, this is critical for not damaging your hair.
Contributor

On 5/11/2014 Nadjalu said: I didn't buy this tsv. But I have the same one from an earlier tsv. Have had it over a year and LOVE it. Takes only seconds to heat and style my hair. It doesn't leave the hair dry or brittle. Would definitely buy this iron again. Love the digital so you can change tempature, this is critical for not damaging your hair.

What she said!

I too ordered the 2 piece set from a while back. I love mine for all of the reasons this poster commented on!

Don't cancel your order; get it, try it and see for yourself. Return it if you don't love it!

Respected Contributor

On 5/11/2014 BettyCochrane said:
On 5/11/2014 Nadjalu said: I didn't buy this tsv. But I have the same one from an earlier tsv. Have had it over a year and LOVE it. Takes only seconds to heat and style my hair. It doesn't leave the hair dry or brittle. Would definitely buy this iron again. Love the digital so you can change tempature, this is critical for not damaging your hair.

What she said!

I too ordered the 2 piece set from a while back. I love mine for all of the reasons this poster commented on!

Don't cancel your order; get it, try it and see for yourself. Return it if you don't love it!

Mine is out for delivery. I do have the one in the last TSV and really like it but I like that this one you can lock the temperature and it has an auto turn off. I use mine on 360 degrees and don't get any smoke like I saw in the presentation. I also use heat protectant on my wet hair, quickly blow dry, then use the Chi. Sounds like it takes long but it really doesn't. Sent back the Calista Perfecter after 3'days cause it can't hold a candle to the Chi. Will use my old one for vacations and as backup.
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/11/2014 BettyCochrane said:

What she said!

That's the set I got. I gave the travel to my GD. Her hair is long, and it does beautiful curls for her.

I love mine! But I just use it for touch ups, and it is wonderful!

Regular Contributor

I ordered in Pink Floral! I recently had my hair restyled...shorter now and I do have finer hair. I want lift not curls. My curling iron gives me curls. I'm hoping I can volumize at the roots in the manner they showed in the product videos. If it doesn't work...back it will go!