Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone get lash extensions

@skittles2 wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Hi, Thank You for the info.I'm going to try it.  Have you tried Rodan and Fields" Lash product. it's expensive, about  $150?

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

You're welcome @skittles2 

I have not tried R&F's.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've never had extensions because the glue will dry out your natural lashes, cause them to break off and eventually cause thinning. The upkeep is just too much...too much time and money wasted. 

I use Careprost (Latisse generic) and my lashes have never looked this good...nice, thick and long. I don't even wear mascara any more because my lashes look that good.

You can try Careprost from AllDayChemist. No Rx is needed. They will ship free 2 bottles of it for $34. That's about a 60-day supply and a long enough period of time to see results. Careprost contains the same active ingredient (bimatoprost) as Latisse which is a Rx-only drug at a cost of $120 per bottle + your copay + doctor visit.

I second this....I have been using the Careprost from AllDayChemist now for several months.  My lashes are growing in fuller and longer!  Very happy and the price can't be beat.  Plus no glue or issues with maintenance having fake lashes put on.

Honored Contributor

Does Careprost make your eyelashes grow darker at all?

Respected Contributor

I've done the extensions and they look nice, but I found the up keep to be costly and time consuming (which is the main reason I stopped having gel nails)

When the individual lashes start to fall out, it looked funny.I

I have used Careprost and Latisse and that helps, but makes my lids oily. I've had my lashes dyed and permed and also tried magnetic lashes which I trashed after trying unsuccessfully to apply them.

I now use Better Than Sex mascara on my stubs and let the chips fall where they may. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse 

I believe it does make lashes darker. My lashes are normally black so I really can't say it happened to me.

This info is for Latisse. But it's the same as Careprost's active ingredient.

http://www.latisse.com/WhatToExpect.aspx

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse 

I believe it does make lashes darker. My lashes are normally black so I really can't say it happened to me.

This info is for Latisse. But it's the same as Careprost's active ingredient.

http://www.latisse.com/WhatToExpect.aspx

Thank you so much! Due to an autoimmune condition, my eyelashes and eyebrows fell out and when they grew back they were very, very light and I have dark brown hair. Worth a shot!!

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

Careprost has made my lashes sooOO long that I have to trim them with scissors!...LOL! 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@GenXmuse 

Careprost has made my lashes sooOO long that I have to trim them with scissors!...LOL! 

I can't even imagine! I'll order some for sure. I have been using Rapidlash which has helped but there's only so much it can do after 8 months. Time to bring out the big guns!!

thanks again. 

Honored Contributor

You're welcome Woman Happy @GenXmuse 

Honored Contributor

I had them applied at a salon that only does lash extensions.  I never went back to have them filled in or re-applied.  The entire thing was a complete pain to me.

I liked the way they looked but the upkeep was too much in both time and money.  It was $50.00 every 2 weeks or $75.00 if you waited until 3 weeks to go for the maintenance.  

Every single thing you use on your eyes has to be 100% oil free.  All make-up remover you use on your eyes and eye-liner have to be oil free.  They recommended the Garnier Micellar Water (pink) and I had to research oil free eyeliners.  

I am not one to use a special eye make-up remover.  I just use my cleanser over my eyes so having to add that step was a pain and that remover started to break my skin out around my eyes, which is what usually happens when I use an eye make-up remover.  

The lashes will start to fall out and when that happens, it just looks a mess to me.