Respected Contributor

at a salon?  I've been interested in getting it done as I have very sparse lashes. Does it damage your real lashes and what's the upkeep?  Appreciate any info from those who've had it done. I've tried every lash growth serum there is with no results so am looking to go the extension route.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone get lash extensions

Used to get lashes and eyebrows dyed (think semi-albino) and it makes a lot of difference.  Never dared have extensions put on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never had extensions because the glue will dry out your natural lashes, cause them to break off and eventually cause thinning. The upkeep is just too much...too much time and money wasted. 

I use Careprost (Latisse generic) and my lashes have never looked this good...nice, thick and long. I don't even wear mascara any more because my lashes look that good.

You can try Careprost from AllDayChemist. No Rx is needed. They will ship free 2 bottles of it for $34. That's about a 60-day supply and a long enough period of time to see results. Careprost contains the same active ingredient (bimatoprost) as Latisse which is a Rx-only drug at a cost of $120 per bottle + your copay + doctor visit.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Used to get lashes and eyebrows dyed (think semi-albino) and it makes a lot of difference.  Never dared have extensions put on.

I have thought about doing this as my lashes are light brown AND sparse, but was concerned about the dye being toxic. Is it similar to reg. hair dye?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've never had extensions because the glue will dry out your natural lashes, cause them to break off and eventually cause thinning. The upkeep is just too much...too much time and money wasted. 

I use Careprost (Latisse generic) and my lashes have never looked this good...nice, thick and long. I don't even wear mascara any more because my lashes look that good.

You can try Careprost from AllDayChemist. No Rx is needed. They will ship free 2 bottles of it for $34. That's about a 60-day supply and a long enough period of time to see results. Careprost contains the same active ingredient (bimatoprost) as Latisse which is a Rx-only drug at a cost of $120 per bottle + your copay + doctor visit.

Will def. look into this as I've tried every other lash serum with no results. Do you apply it only at night?

Honored Contributor

@KKJ 

Yes, apply Careprost at night.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KKJ  My stylist gets them and the difference is amazing. She has tiny, short lashes that make her eyes look bald (does that make sense) since you can't see them. She doesn't get anything dramatic/super long; instead she gets what a most of us have if using a lengthening and volumizing mascara. Worth it to her.

Now, the GLUE is what you need to be careful of. She reacted to the first 2 types of glue her lash person used. That's the biggest issue I've heard from those who get them. Also, make sure you don't go super long as they will sag. Last, you can't use eye makeup remover on your eyes; you have to clean your eyes in a different way and for some, it's simply too much work. 

Good luck with whatever you choose to do! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@KKJ  My stylist gets them and the difference is amazing. She has tiny, short lashes that make her eyes look bald (does that make sense) since you can't see them. She doesn't get anything dramatic/super long; instead she gets what a most of us have if using a lengthening and volumizing mascara. Worth it to her.

Now, the GLUE is what you need to be careful of. She reacted to the first 2 types of glue her lash person used. That's the biggest issue I've heard from those who get them. Also, make sure you don't go super long as they will sag. Last, you can't use eye makeup remover on your eyes; you have to clean your eyes in a different way and for some, it's simply too much work. 

That is not precisely true @SahmIam .

I wore lash extensions for about 2 years.  You can use makeup remover to cleanse as long as it is a non oil based product.  My creamy cleanser worked fine. You are not wearing mascara, so an oil based product is not needed anyway.j

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

That is not precisely true @SahmIam .

I wore lash extensions for about 2 years.  You can use makeup remover to cleanse as long as it is a non oil based product.  My creamy cleanser worked fine. You are not wearing mascara, so an oil based product is not needed anyway.j

@Ms tyrion2 You are correct; oil based anything is the issue (some use Vaseline or cold cream and that's no-no too). Thank you for pointing that out! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Hi, Thank You for the info.I'm going to try it.  Have you tried Rodan and Fields" Lash product. it's expensive, about  $150?

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE