Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone following the beauty community drama on YouTube?

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

The drama comes down to one thing: money.  Sponsorship (golden goose), Collaborations (big time money), subscribers/views/thumb-ups (more money and rank which leads to the first two mentioned). What's worse is that this drama is just as bad among the "mature women" who should know better but again, it's all about the money, honey.

YouTube is one giant Infomercial. Gone are the days of just chatting with your friends about stuff you like. For me, the moment someone I watch declares a sponsorship or has "links" to her stuff, I'm gone. 

@FiddleDeeDee, I really don't like to watch all of the PR unboxings.  When you see how much stuff these people get for free it's unbelievable.  And then a few months later they are doing declutters and tossing crazy amounts of make-up.  I watched a few times and thought what a waste. 

Honored Contributor

What a bunch of dreck.  I guess I don't want to be "influenced."  

Esteemed Contributor

No.  I know some things about it, but not a ton.  I mostly follow smaller channels.  I do enjoy watching Dr. Todd Grande's roasts of the apology videos that have been coming out though.

Tati is someone I stopped watching a long time ago.  Shane I have mostly seen in Drew Monson's videos, back when they were friends.  Jeffree Star I don't watch.  I also don't watch James Charles, Jaclyn Hill or any of the other drama magnets.  I enjoy watching people I can relate to in some way, and none of these people are that relatable, IMO.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

I am familiar with some of the names.  They are not who I watch on youtube though.  I read about the initial fallout/callout with Tati and James and then on People online this morning read the latest saga when clicking on the story about Morphe dropping Jeffree Star.