Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,311
Registered: ‎09-29-2015

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your thoughts/opinions. 

 

I placed an order, so hopefully, it will work for me.

 

Thanks again.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 544
Registered: ‎01-09-2021

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?

Anyone looking for a Czech file, Mont Bleu, Germanikure, and Bona Fide Beauty carry them. Mont Bleu will ship from Mont Bleu Ltd. 

 

You can get two nail files and a foot file for a twenty dollar bill. Free Shipping with Prime or $25 order.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,073
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?


@HisElk1 wrote:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post your thoughts/opinions. 

 

I placed an order, so hopefully, it will work for me.

 

Thanks again.



Please tell us what you think after you receive them. 

I had no trouble with any files breaking and they are still doing well. Hope the same for you.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,708
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?

Yes---I bought one last year, that was on  a handle and then at the end, had a tiny little file that lived inside--that thing is really amazing on your feet!!! And so much easier to handle. I don't like it for my nails tho. But one thing---use it after your shower or bath when your feet are softened---that thing goes to town on callouses. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,969
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?


@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I changed my mind and canceled my order.  There are many highly rated versions on Amazon, and they ship for free.  


@JeanLouiseFinch I bought a QVC set on special not too long ago and did NOT like them.  The inexpensive but highly rated ones from Amazon are wonderful--and you get so many sizes too!

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,000
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?

Are you people talking about the ones that have the diagonal cross hatching?  Horrible, you canot polish the nail surface without leaving deep marks.  And actual filing down is difficult.  I use the ones from OPI, about ten bucks apiece.  Wonderful.  They have grit like the old metal and paper files. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 22,353
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I changed my mind and canceled my order.  There are many highly rated versions on Amazon, and they ship for free.  


@JeanLouiseFinch I bought a QVC set on special not too long ago and did NOT like them.  The inexpensive but highly rated ones from Amazon are wonderful--and you get so many sizes too!

 


I'm glad to hear that, @Sooner   I had originally placed an order for three sets on HSN.  The bill totaled close to $100 after tax and shipping.  That's nuts!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,969
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?


@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I changed my mind and canceled my order.  There are many highly rated versions on Amazon, and they ship for free.  


@JeanLouiseFinch I bought a QVC set on special not too long ago and did NOT like them.  The inexpensive but highly rated ones from Amazon are wonderful--and you get so many sizes too!

 


I'm glad to hear that, @Sooner   I had originally placed an order for three sets on HSN.  The bill totaled close to $100 after tax and shipping.  That's nuts!


@JeanLouiseFinch Yes you can get many sets and return them FREE if you don't like them!  I honestly did not like the feel and grit pattern of the QVC ones.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 544
Registered: ‎01-09-2021

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?

[ Edited ]

OPI's files are made in the Czech Republic. I got my first ones years ago in the OPI Christmas sets from HSN. It's the best file I've ever used and is my favorite. Not to rough, not to smooth, just right. 

 

I believe Londontown's files are Czech as well. I have their two travel sizes in lavender and glitter. They have two grits, one for filing and one for finishing. 

 

The full size butter LONDON file feels pretty much the same on both sides, like for finishing. There's not much of a difference, if any. And I think their's may be Czech made, too.

 

I saw the glass ones they claim will buff your nails. I could not see how a glass file would work for that. I didn't purchase one to try and probably won't ever use a glass file for buffing. Sally's buffers work just fine. It's great if the glass works for you, I just think it would be too rough for me.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,366
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Anyone familiar with the hsn nail/pedi file?

I have used glass files from Czech and I have long natural nails. I prefer regular nail files from OPI with a 240 grit.