Trusted Contributor

Anyone ever try Alpha H Liquid Gold?

I just read a review on MUA and the reviewer said this was far better than Paula's Choice Resist Weekly Resurfacing treatment. But the Alpha H product is daily use whereas PC Resist is a weekly use product. Alpha H seems to be huge in Europe and Australia. Anyone familiar with this brand? It's also sold on QVCuk.com.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever try Alpha H Liquid Gold?

I'm not familiar with it. Is it a BHA, like Paula's?

BTW, I am using the PC Resist Weekly BHA foam, but I use it two to three times a week. I have somewhat dry skin and have had no irritation or problems. I'm pretty sure that the "weekly" is the very minimum recommendation.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

UMTerpFan - could you please clarify the product you're talking about? I'm a little confused. I use an alpha hydroxy acid product (either a 10% or a 12%) every morning and also a few nights a week and I'm very happy with them. I get them from the Alpha Hydrox company (neotericcosmetics dot com). As for PC's, just because hers says "weekly" doesn't mean you're limited to that, you can use it more often if your skin will tolerate it. I've said this before, but I'll say it again in case you missed it. When attending an industry beauty show several years ago, I found myself sitting beside an aesthetician. We struck up a conversation and her words of wisdom were, "The best thing anyone can do for their complexion is peel, peel, peel." That said, no one is the same across the board and there may need to be modifications for everyone depending one how much effort they want to put into it, how much money they want to spend, and how well their skin responds, but those words of advice from a professional have stuck with me.

Super Contributor

I've never heard of this brand but I just did a search and it looks like they are based out of Australia.

JLF-this is a totally different company from Alpha Hydox.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 myshell624 said:

I've never heard of this brand but I just did a search and it looks like they are based out of Australia.

JLF-this is a totally different company from Alpha Hydox.

Thanks, myshell - the reason I was confused is because when I've ordered from Alpha Hydrox/neoteric cosmetics, the entry on my statement says Scott's Liquid Gold...LOL

Trusted Contributor

On 5/5/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

UMTerpFan - could you please clarify the product you're talking about? I'm a little confused. I use an alpha hydroxy acid product (either a 10% or a 12%) every morning and also a few nights a week and I'm very happy with them. I get them from the Alpha Hydrox company (neotericcosmetics dot com). As for PC's, just because hers says "weekly" doesn't mean you're limited to that, you can use it more often if your skin will tolerate it. I've said this before, but I'll say it again in case you missed it. When attending an industry beauty show several years ago, I found myself sitting beside an aesthetician. We struck up a conversation and her words of wisdom were, "The best thing anyone can do for their complexion is peel, peel, peel." That said, no one is the same across the board and there may need to be modifications for everyone depending one how much effort they want to put into it, how much money they want to spend, and how well their skin responds, but those words of advice from a professional have stuck with me.

I was confused by the name too. Here's the product description and pic:

Our best selling “cult” skin resurfacing treatment uses a state of the art, low pH delivery system to effectively diminish wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage.

The Glycolic based formulation works like an “overnight facial” to brighten and revitalise tired, ageing skin, and radically improve the appearance of the complexion.

For mature, sun damaged, prematurely ageing and for acne-scarred skin.

HARPER'S BAZAAR BEAUTY HOT 100 WINNER 2013!

DIRECTIONS: Apply Liquid Gold onto cleansed skin each alternate evening. Moisten cotton pad with solution and apply to face, neck and décolletage. When the skin is touch-dry apply your preferred Alpha-H moisturiser or serum. For an intensive treatment do not follow with a moisturiser or serum.

http://www.alpha-h.com/getmetafile/626c4e0e-a4cd-450a-bb51-2c9f29742b57/LG_award.aspx

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

Holy moly, I just looked it up and that bottle is $61.50! If you like a liquid, you can get a 14% liquid from neotericcosmetics dot com. A 2 oz. bottle is $18.25, but is currently on a Mother's Day Sale for $13.68.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 UMTerpFan said:

Our best selling “cult” skin resurfacing treatment uses a state of the art, low pH delivery system to effectively diminish wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage.

The Glycolic based formulation works like an “overnight facial” to brighten and revitalise tired, ageing skin, and radically improve the appearance of the complexion.

DIRECTIONS: Apply Liquid Gold onto cleansed skin each alternate evening. Moisten cotton pad with solution and apply to face, neck and décolletage. When the skin is touch-dry apply your preferred Alpha-H moisturiser or serum. For an intensive treatment do not follow with a moisturiser or serum.

http://www.alpha-h.com/getmetafile/626c4e0e-a4cd-450a-bb51-2c9f29742b57/LG_award.aspx

Thanks. That answers my question. It's an AHA, not a BHA like the Paula's Choice product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Holy moly, I just looked it up and that bottle is $61.50! If you like a liquid, you can get a 14% liquid from neotericcosmetics dot com. A 2 oz. bottle is $18.25, but is currently on a Mother's Day Sale for $13.68.

I thought the price was high too considering there are good AHA products available at much better prices.

Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 5/5/2014 UMTerpFan said:

Thanks. That answers my question. It's an AHA, not a BHA like the Paula's Choice product.

I think Paula has both AHA and BHA.