Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever try Alpha H Liquid Gold?

Second ingredient right after water is Denatured Alcohol which is awful stuff (very drying, not good for the skin). I am surprised it is so popular in other countries (if it really is?).

Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 Kind1too said:
On 5/5/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 5/5/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 5/5/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

UMTerpFan - could you please clarify the product you're talking about? I'm a little confused. I use an alpha hydroxy acid product (either a 10% or a 12%) every morning and also a few nights a week and I'm very happy with them. I get them from the Alpha Hydrox company (neotericcosmetics dot com). As for PC's, just because hers says "weekly" doesn't mean you're limited to that, you can use it more often if your skin will tolerate it. I've said this before, but I'll say it again in case you missed it. When attending an industry beauty show several years ago, I found myself sitting beside an aesthetician. We struck up a conversation and her words of wisdom were, "The best thing anyone can do for their complexion is peel, peel, peel." That said, no one is the same across the board and there may need to be modifications for everyone depending one how much effort they want to put into it, how much money they want to spend, and how well their skin responds, but those words of advice from a professional have stuck with me.

I was confused by the name too. Here's the product description and pic:

Our best selling “cult” skin resurfacing treatment uses a state of the art, low pH delivery system to effectively diminish wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage.

The Glycolic based formulation works like an “overnight facial” to brighten and revitalise tired, ageing skin, and radically improve the appearance of the complexion.

For mature, sun damaged, prematurely ageing and for acne-scarred skin.

HARPER'S BAZAAR BEAUTY HOT 100 WINNER 2013!

DIRECTIONS: Apply Liquid Gold onto cleansed skin each alternate evening. Moisten cotton pad with solution and apply to face, neck and décolletage. When the skin is touch-dry apply your preferred Alpha-H moisturiser or serum. For an intensive treatment do not follow with a moisturiser or serum.

http://www.alpha-h.com/getmetafile/626c4e0e-a4cd-450a-bb51-2c9f29742b57/LG_award.aspx

Thanks. That answers my question. It's an AHA, not a BHA like the Paula's Choice product.

I think Paula has both AHA and BHA.

Yes her 5% Daily AHA has both. That is the one I use.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 myshell624 said:

Yes her 5% Daily AHA has both. That is the one I use.

The 5% AHA only has a minute amount of BHA and was only added for the anti-inflammatory benefits, according to their CS. They said that the small amount of BHA will not actually give you the same benefits a BHA will normally give you.

Honored Contributor

On 5/5/2014 suzyQ3 said:

UMTerpFan - could you please clarify the product you're talking about? I'm a little confused. I use an alpha hydroxy acid product (either a 10% or a 12%) every morning and also a few nights a week and I'm very happy with them. I get them from the Alpha Hydrox company (neotericcosmetics dot com). As for PC's, just because hers says "weekly" doesn't mean you're limited to that, you can use it more often if your skin will tolerate it. I've said this before, but I'll say it again in case you missed it. When attending an industry beauty show several years ago, I found myself sitting beside an aesthetician. We struck up a conversation and her words of wisdom were, "The best thing anyone can do for their complexion is peel, peel, peel." That said, no one is the same across the board and there may need to be modifications for everyone depending one how much effort they want to put into it, how much money they want to spend, and how well their skin responds, but those words of advice from a professional have stuck with me.

Our best selling “cult” skin resurfacing treatment uses a state of the art, low pH delivery system to effectively diminish wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage.

The Glycolic based formulation works like an “overnight facial” to brighten and revitalise tired, ageing skin, and radically improve the appearance of the complexion.

DIRECTIONS: Apply Liquid Gold onto cleansed skin each alternate evening. Moisten cotton pad with solution and apply to face, neck and décolletage. When the skin is touch-dry apply your preferred Alpha-H moisturiser or serum. For an intensive treatment do not follow with a moisturiser or serum.

http://www.alpha-h.com/getmetafile/626c4e0e-a4cd-450a-bb51-2c9f29742b57/LG_award.aspx

Thanks. That answers my question. It's an AHA, not a BHA like the Paula's Choice product.

Yes. I was referring to the opening post comparing this product that I now know is an AHA with Paula's Resist Weekly Resurfacing, which is a BHA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

The Alpha-H brand was on ShopNBC for a while, but not anymore. I purchased this product when it was on clearance, and I loved it. It is a great toner/exfoliator and left my skin feeling silky. Unfortunately, as someone above mentioned, it is very expensive on other sites, so I've had to move on.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/5/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 5/5/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Yes. I was referring to the opening post comparing this product that I now know is an AHA with Paula's Resist Weekly Resurfacing, which is a BHA.

And I wrote the opening post after reading a review on Makeupalley by someone who had used both products. Here is her post:

"I bought this after I run out of the Alpha H Liquid Gold treatment, which I have used with very good results. I must say that this does not even come close to the before mentioned product.I found it not only inefficient, but also it caused blocked pores and whiteheads. What I must mention is that my skin is very very picky about the products I use and I am well aware that I cannot generalize. I am also used to high concentrations of AHA and BHA, so that is not the problem. The truth is that most Paula's Choice products do not work for me. The only product I keep rebuying is the Skin Balancing Toner.
I gave this product to my boyfriend, and he doesn't have the same issues I had with it, although he does not see any groundbreaking results either. So I can safely conclude that the price / performance ratio is not all that good."

You can read her review on MUA under Paula's Choice Weekly Resist product. So I was asking if anyone had used this product and what they thought about it.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

On 5/6/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 5/5/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 5/5/2014 suzyQ3 said:

And I wrote the opening post after reading a review on Makeupalley by someone who had used both products. Here is her post:

"I bought this after I run out of the Alpha H Liquid Gold treatment, which I have used with very good results. I must say that this does not even come close to the before mentioned product.I found it not only inefficient, but also it caused blocked pores and whiteheads. What I must mention is that my skin is very very picky about the products I use and I am well aware that I cannot generalize. I am also used to high concentrations of AHA and BHA, so that is not the problem. The truth is that most Paula's Choice products do not work for me. The only product I keep rebuying is the Skin Balancing Toner.
I gave this product to my boyfriend, and he doesn't have the same issues I had with it, although he does not see any groundbreaking results either. So I can safely conclude that the price / performance ratio is not all that good."

You can read her review on MUA under Paula's Choice Weekly Resist product. So I was asking if anyone had used this product and what they thought about it.

There is no problem here, as far as I'm concerned. I just think that some readers, like me, do have to differentiate between the two types of chemical exfoliants. Some of us cannot use AHAs but can use BHAs. That was my only point in getting a clarification.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

How do I order the liquid Gold
Honored Contributor

New poster pulled up a thread from 2014.  These old threads should be closed and dumped.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe she is getting paid to sell it or something. I really don't like the use of these forums to do that.

6 years ago yes it should be closed.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"