Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone else over the nude and neutral craze ?

What are everyone's favorite grey and green eye shadows ?
Respected Contributor

I consider the lavender shade of Urban Decay shadow I use regularly, pretty much a neutral shade. It blends with my coloring quite well.

Xena- I've used Bobbi Brown's grey shades from her palettes, but couldn't tell you the names off the bat. I've never even tried a green shadow! As I recall you have beautiful blue eyes.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much , Fun ! I'll have to dig out some of my Bobbi Brown "' stash " and check out what's in there .
Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 sun8shine said:

The best advice I ever heard on "nude" lips was from Wayne Goss- he said that you should wear a color that is close to your natural lip color. So for me that is a mauve pink color. That is a flattering nude look. The lighter lips brown or gold tone nudes look great on women with warm olive toned skin or darker - think Jennifer Lopez. She looks amazing that way but if you put the same lip color on Anne Hathaway it would look like her lips were erased. (sadly I don't look like either of those lovely ladies)

And yes - I just buy the browns that I need and move on - it looks like plums are in a lot of collections this fall (YAY!)

I disagree about lip color. My lips are rather pale, so I need COLOR.

Whenever I see a woman with "nude" lips, I want to yell "you would look so much better with some COLOR!"

I am fine with any shade of eyeshadow, etc. But, lips should have color for most people.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I'm blonde and fair as well and would like the tones be in richer tans, browns and creams otherwise I look like Casper. I do love the classic lighter colors, I'm drawn to them, but I can tell you that I'm SICK SICK of animal prints!! I have all I need, am getting rid of some of the older ones and do NOT want any more. I don't want it mixed with florals or other prints, I'm SO over animal prints. Now I want some jewel tones with a fun pattern like paisley or ikat prints....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I apoloize, I thought the subject was the colors of clothing rather than eye colors... whoops... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 hyacinth003 said:
On 8/1/2014 sun8shine said:

The best advice I ever heard on "nude" lips was from Wayne Goss- he said that you should wear a color that is close to your natural lip color. So for me that is a mauve pink color. That is a flattering nude look. The lighter lips brown or gold tone nudes look great on women with warm olive toned skin or darker - think Jennifer Lopez. She looks amazing that way but if you put the same lip color on Anne Hathaway it would look like her lips were erased. (sadly I don't look like either of those lovely ladies)

And yes - I just buy the browns that I need and move on - it looks like plums are in a lot of collections this fall (YAY!)

I disagree about lip color. My lips are rather pale, so I need COLOR.

Whenever I see a woman with "nude" lips, I want to yell "you would look so much better with some COLOR!"

I am fine with any shade of eyeshadow, etc. But, lips should have color for most people.

Hyacinth

But the poster said that she wears a mauve pink color. To me, that's not really a nude color. I guess I think of nude colors as being more on the very light beige side.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 8/2/2014 Q4u said:

I apoloize, I thought the subject was the colors of clothing rather than eye colors... whoops... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

No prob.; you just needed to vent, LOL. Smiley Wink

And rightly so.

Honored Contributor

Never been a fan. I have dark hair and eyes and neutrals just disappear on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

I am a fair skinned brunette with hazel eyes. (My loving children have likened me to a vampire.) I cannot pull off a nude lip, I look washed-out & ill. Not the look I'm going for. On the flip side, I can't pull off a dark lip color either - too harsh. I prefer rosy pink, and peaches. I have to be very careful with reds, and only rarely wear them, with a gloss on top.

Do the math.