Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else over the nude and neutral craze ?

I have never understood the ""nude"" concept of lipstick.

Put some COLOR on your lips!!!

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

Nude lip colors are not my friends. I hate when SAs tell me that I can wear those shades but I need a liner in a darker shade to make it work. Then they proceed to put it on using the technique they mentioned and it looks terrible on me. So no not everyone looks good in neutral or nude shades. I like a little color on my lips.
Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

I've never been a fan of that look but probably because its much like my "natural" look when I don't wear makeup!

I'm half Asian and my eyes really take up a lot of my time since I do a lot to make them look more "western". I could go with a nude lip but I've always liked a soft rose color on my cheeks and lips. Browns, tans, neutrals just don't fit into my "like" category. Many of my friends go for that look but I'm the rebel in the group. Smiley Happy

I came across a website that offers to make Asian eyes more "western."

You've probably heard of this, but I was stunned!

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

Yeah, never figured out the attraction of the cadaver look. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Super Contributor

The best advice I ever heard on ""nude"" lips was from Wayne Goss- he said that you should wear a color that is close to your natural lip color. So for me that is a mauve pink color. That is a flattering nude look. The lighter lips brown or gold tone nudes look great on women with warm olive toned skin or darker - think Jennifer Lopez. She looks amazing that way but if you put the same lip color on Anne Hathaway it would look like her lips were erased. (sadly I don't look like either of those lovely ladies)

And yes - I just buy the browns that I need and move on - it looks like plums are in a lot of collections this fall (YAY!)

Trusted Contributor

here you get a little bit of both.

LORAC SUMMERGLO EYE SHADOW PALETTE
LORAC V.I.P. Sale Makeup
0.6 oz./ 17.2 g
Eye shadow palette
Honored Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Funloving said:
On 7/30/2014 feline groovy said:

I sometimes like neutrals on the eyes that have a little 'oomph' to them but, sorry to say, I think that most "nude" lips make the person look like a corpse. Especially with the heavily-smoky eyes and barely-there blush that usually accompany them.

Don't people realize that color on and/or near the face makes a person look more youthful and vibrant? Duh. Smiley Wink

This depends entirely on the woman's coloring!! I totally disagree. I don't think that lips lighter or the same shade of your skin-tone is flattering at all. Maybe your definition of nude and mine are totally different.

Nope; ITA with your sentence above. Perhaps I didn't clarify enough, or expressed my thoughts incorrectly.

Honored Contributor

On 8/1/2014 hyacinth003 said:
On 8/1/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

I've never been a fan of that look but probably because its much like my "natural" look when I don't wear makeup!

I'm half Asian and my eyes really take up a lot of my time since I do a lot to make them look more "western". I could go with a nude lip but I've always liked a soft rose color on my cheeks and lips. Browns, tans, neutrals just don't fit into my "like" category. Many of my friends go for that look but I'm the rebel in the group. Smiley Happy

I came across a website that offers to make Asian eyes more "western."

You've probably heard of this, but I was stunned!

Hyacinth

News/talk chick Julie Chen said that she had it done years ago, for career (read: bigger income) reasons.

Valued Contributor

On 7/30/2014 Hi Cindy said:

I have silver hair and green eyes and could sub in for Casper's auntie. If I wear neutral shades, people are patting my hand saying "there, there, you'll feel better soon". I love Bobbi Brown's ARTstick in Rose Brown, a pinky pot rouge well blended, and pastel shadows with a coffee eyeliner.

Art StickPot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks

Pastel Brights Eye Palette Image result for images casper the ghost

Love these choices !!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks , again, beauties ! Yesterday I used LG eyeshadow in a purple - gold on my eyelids with UD Gunmetal in the crease and Bare Minerals Cultured Pearl on the brow bone. I finished it off with UD 24/7 pencil in Lush ( from the new Velvets collection ) as an upper lid liner & LG Blue Velvet liner on the outer corner of the lower lid. For mascara I used Benifit's They're Real. I really loved this look !