Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else over the nude and neutral craze ?

On 7/30/2014 Hi Cindy said:

I have silver hair and green eyes and could sub in for Casper's auntie. If I wear neutral shades, people are patting my hand saying "there, there, you'll feel better soon". I love Bobbi Brown's ARTstick in Rose Brown, a pinky pot rouge well blended, and pastel shadows with a coffee eyeliner.

Art StickPot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks

Pastel Brights Eye Palette Image result for images casper the ghost

Love that e/s palette! Is it a staple, old, new, still available? Does it have a name? Geez, I am hopeless when it comes to e/s palettes.

Esteemed Contributor

This is on the Bobbi Brown website. Limited edition, $52.00

Bobbi Brown Pastel Brights Eye Palette

Details

With six mix-and-match shades, this eye palette is the epitome of spring chic. Features everything you need to take eyes from day to night including the perfect base shadow, a pretty array of metallic pastels and a dark shadow for lining and added drama. A Mini Dual Ended Eye Shadow/Eye Liner Brushensures flawless application. Features: Eye Shadow in Ivory and Baby Pink; Metallic Eye Shadow in Champagne Quartz, Platinum, Iced Blue and Rockstar.

Pastel Brights Eye Palette

Respected Contributor

I'm not over the nude look. It's flattering with my features. There are times when I'll play down my eyes and rev up my lips and cheeks...

But my night-time look will be a a made-up eye and lighter lipstick. It's becoming on my medium to darker skin-tone.

Respected Contributor

Hi Xena! I didn't even notice you started this thread. How are ya sweets? I sure miss you! Love from me to you and your family!

Frequent Contributor

Hi Fun ! Bunches of love right back at ya GF ! I'm slowly getting back to these boards. We gave our lap to DS & DIL and I hate typing on my phone and I pad. Hope all is well and take care !
Honored Contributor

I sometimes like neutrals on the eyes that have a little 'oomph' to them but, sorry to say, I think that most "nude" lips make the person look like a corpse. Especially with the heavily-smoky eyes and barely-there blush that usually accompany them.

Don't people realize that color on and/or near the face makes a person look more youthful and vibrant? Duh. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

On 7/30/2014 feline groovy said:

I sometimes like neutrals on the eyes that have a little 'oomph' to them but, sorry to say, I think that most "nude" lips make the person look like a corpse. Especially with the heavily-smoky eyes and barely-there blush that usually accompany them.

Don't people realize that color on and/or near the face makes a person look more youthful and vibrant? Duh. Smiley Wink

This depends entirely on the woman's coloring!! I totally disagree. I don't think that lips lighter or the same shade of your skin-tone is flattering at all. Maybe your definition of nude and mine are totally different.

Honored Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Funloving said:
On 7/30/2014 feline groovy said:

This depends entirely on the woman's coloring!! I totally disagree. I don't think that lips lighter or the same shade of your skin-tone is flattering at all. Maybe your definition of nude and mine are totally different.

Fun, I read her post as saying the same thing as you. Am I crazy? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I've never been a fan of that look but probably because its much like my "natural" look when I don't wear makeup!

I'm half Asian and my eyes really take up a lot of my time since I do a lot to make them look more "western". I could go with a nude lip but I've always liked a soft rose color on my cheeks and lips. Browns, tans, neutrals just don't fit into my "like" category. Many of my friends go for that look but I'm the rebel in the group. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am Med golden tan with Brown hair and Brown eyes and I love a Nude lip-not every day,some days I feel like a little color and other days I love a nude lip-now I have to make sure that my nude lip has some golden tones in it or else it makes me look washed out.I think Bobbi Brown makes some very good nudey lip colors that don't wash you out, they give a little color. I like a Nude lip best on me in the summer when I am a bit tanned. I rarely wear nude lips in the winter months!