Occasional Contributor

Anyone else have issues ordering the Dyson hair dryer?

I ordered the blue and gold Dyson on the first of this month. A half hour later or so, because it was still in processing, I upgraded the shipping. This caused a double "soft authorization" on my account, which would fall off once the order was processed. I only did so because I'm a professional Hairstylist and my last dryer had unexpectedly died. (I cleaned it regularly, filter and all, and definitely wasnt expected this mid range dryer to die when it did. It should have lasted a lot longer) so I needed this as soon as possible.

It said it would be delivered the 4th, which I didn't really expect, but in the days of next day shipping I thought that would at least be close. So I asked a colleague if we could "share" his and he agreed. By the 7th I had no update on when the order would at least be processed, and during rushes it was getting difficult to share when both of us would be at the blowout stage with the one dryer. So I got a replacement. At this point, I'm over $200 invested into getting my grail hair dryer. I know the double charge was a soft authorization, but the fact remains that the charges weren't available, and my balance reflected that. (I just moved, so things are a little tight, hence why I was so glad for the easy pay option!) Which made all the budgeting I do a little more complicated, of course. By the ninth I'm calling (there were a couple calls and emails before this point, to ensure nothing was wrong.) And theres just no info available. While the customer service ladies were very nice, and seemed to genuinely care, they just had no answers for me at all. I'm a little upset, as I'm depending on this dryer arriving eventually, as the one I bought for temporary use isn't appropriate for the long term for a professional hair stylist. To get a more appropriate one I would have to spend more, and there seems little point when I have a top of the line dryer coming! (I've used a dyson, they dry hair significantly faster and with less damage than any other dryer I've tried. It's worth the investment in my career to have one. Definitely)

Today, the 12th, both charges are reversed. I'm super excited! I call to ensure nothing is wrong, and that it's just going through normal processing procedures. I'm told by the helpful lady who answered the phone that my order is being prepared for shipping and I'm so glad, as I've mentioned before this is the dryer I've wanted for quite a long time. After a few hours, I still haven't been re charged, and nothing has changed on the status, so my excitement wanes a bit. I call again, just to ensure everything is going smoothly, I'm very invested at this point and I dont even care if it's late, I just want even a vague answer of when it might ship.
I'm told that there is no update. It hasn't been shipped, and that as far as she can see they are still waiting on a response from the manufacturer. Really dashed my excitement quickly Smiley Sad.

I'm just wanting some type of reassurance at this point, I've posted on another forum, but figured I might have a better chance at hearing a personal experience here because the way this is sold, and maybe someone else has had a similar experience when ordering the same thing. Has anyone else ordered the dyson and experienced these delays? I'm praying this is normal, as I'm just so nervous that after all this, my order won't even be able to be fulfilled for some reason.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else have issues ordering the Dyson hair dryer?

@JackTheHairArtist  Totally unacceptable.  I would cancel due to lack of any information and order directly from Dyson.

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

That's awful! I'd cancel and order from Dyson or order from Dyson's refurbished shop on ebay. 

Occasional Contributor

Today's the 13th, and still no word. No one can tell me anything. What I'm most upset about is all this time that's gone by, and having bought another dryer in the interim, sure that QVC would fulfill on their end. If they end up not sending it out then I was without $145 for near two weeks for no reason whatsoever, I've spent over a hundred bucks to have a dryer while I wait (which would become my backup, but still, if it just would have shipped in a timely fashion I wouldn't have had to go buy one right away, I could have waited.)

Not only did I just relocate my home, but also my salon suite, which both need plenty and so much on this site is ideal for both my home and business, so it's really disheartening that this is how this is going. The last time I furnished and decorated my suite I went with the big A site almost exclusively, and had little issue, so I just assumed that I wouldn't have a problem trying someone new. Now my business is starting to ramp up and its blatantly clear that any ordering I'm about to do can not be done this way. Such a shame. For a small business owner this could have been a real asset and I'm just so let down with the way everything has been handled.
Occasional Contributor

Also, I have an existing order with Dyson for the professional version at just over $200 (when they verify your license you are given one heck of a deal) but they are on backorder, and since I won't be in the first wave of back orders, this one would have been paid off by the time that one was even going to become available to me. I looked at this as a great way to get the one I want the most during that interim, and as something that I considered as treating myself during this hellacious relocation. I really didn't expect it to turn out the way it did.

I'll keep this thread updated as to what happens in this saga, and I appreciate anyone who reads and takes the time to respond to this stressed out mother and small businesswoman Smiley Happy