Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else can't wear a liquid foundation?

I started wearing BE almost 10 yrs ago. I can't imagine wearing liquid again.

Contributor

I like the Merle Norman Purely Mineral. It covers well and doesn't settle into my lines. It also has only 4 ingredients, Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. So if your skin is sensitive and doesn't do well with a long list of ingredients (like mine) it's a great choice.

Trusted Contributor

I also find liquids intolerable. Most powder types don't work well for me either due to my very dry skin. I have found diluting certain BB creams is about my only option. Currently am liking Missha's (a Korean brand) that I add some illuminating cream to and it gives me the light coverage I want yet also evens out my skin.

All of the QVC brands are way too yellow for me so I have long given up trying any of them. The IT CC Veil is a cushion compact delivery system which is available in many brands now. I did try another brand and still wasn't happy with the feel on my skin but it might be an option for you. Mally has one and even some drugstore brands sell one. It is a compact with a cushiony sponge soaked in foundation and you apply by dabbing it with either a brush or a sponge.

Oh, one other that I do also switch off to is the Protect and Perfect Moisturizer SPF by Josie Maran. It has just the lightest coverage but enough to even out mild skin unevenness without settling into lines or pores. It's a one step does all too since it is also incorporates moisturizing sun protection. The color seems to blend well into the skin and I have a tough skintone to match (very strong pink undertones due to ruddy Irish complexion) yet this formula seems to work for me.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/7/2015 RachB said: I'm 35 and can't use liquid foundation. It settles in my pores, and never gives me decent coverage. It always looks broken up on me. I've tried them all (most recently IT CC,) and I've tried all sorts of different application techniques. I always return to powder foundations. My favorite are Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation and Laura Geller Baked Elements.

I have looked at both of these as possibilities with my uber dry skin. I know I have read that LG's is supposed to be quite hydrating. Bobbi's might not have a good color match for my ruddy skin but it might be worth checking out.

BTW, Bare Minerals (loose minerals) settles terribly into lines and pores. It did so on me even years ago when I could barely find a line on my face and know I read that complaint from many who either used it for a time or never could.

The BE Ready line seems to work a lot better than the original loose minerals so if you decide to try it, I'd suggest that one.

Trusted Contributor

Right there with you op...having such a time with foundations...tried so many...my skin is actually oily, at 51 it must be hormones...nothing works...everything sits in those fine lines or cakes...I read some of these suggestions here but none of those work either...right now the only thing that works for me is using mineral makeup wet...i poor a small amount on a small plate then add either water or my origins serum or a oil free moisturizer blend it with my brush and apply..I find it works better then any of the liquid foundations, even though I'm creating a liquid it seems to not settle in lines...it's not perfect but it's all that works right now....the other thing that works is airbrushed liquid, I don't use a machine just poor a bit out and brush on...it's made of mostly water, no oils, so it doesn't sit in fine lines....good luck!!
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Valued Contributor

A few years ago, I was having the same problem. Most foundations looked awful on me (even powder). I started wearing a BB cream under the liquid or the powder (whatever I was wearing that day) and it helped so much. A liquid primer may do the same thing but I found the BB cream works great. I am using the Pond's one right now but I have used the Maybelline one with success as well.

Honored Contributor

If fine lines and pores are the issue, a good primer might take care of that. (While Laura Geller's Spackle doesn't work for me, there's a reason she calls it spackle, a product which Refills holes and cracks in a wall to make for a smooth paint job.)

Revlon PhotoReady primer is very affordable and easy to find and use. It might be a good place to start if you've not used a primer before.

Respected Contributor

Dry, powder foundations are a nightmare if you have even the slightest line.

What you could do is put very little foundation on your face and use the Tarte large brush to sweep it everywhere. I never use a full face of foundation and this brush works wonders just to even me out.

There is also a kind of primer from Bobbi Brown that is excellent ...pricey but really blurs any slight imperfections.

Edited to add, I wear Givenchy foundation. It doesn't settle into pores or lines.

Respected Contributor

Here is the brush. It gives an air-brushed finish.

A324868
tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo FoundationBrush
Frequent Contributor

We are the same age with the same problem! I finally found a foundation that doesn't look cakey or settle in fine lines and wrinkles. MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation. It's not cheap but just a little covers the entire face and looks gorgeous! I use Mally's primer (thin layer) and let it dry good before applying my foundation! I also use the MAC creme blush. I love Ole Hendriksen moisturizer also.