Respected Contributor

Anyone else annoyed by this---Laura Geller

I've used some LG products throughout the years with no probs, but one thing that bugs me is during her shows she goes on about her products being "paraben-free and gluten-free", leading one to think her stuff is so natural;, then when you read ingredient decks on her makeup, etc., it's fuul of chemicals---including talc!  Find it a bit misleading.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else annoyed by this---Laura Geller

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

I've used some LG products throughout the years with no probs, but one thing that bugs me is during her shows she goes on about her products being "paraben-free and gluten-free", leading one to think her stuff is so natural;, then when you read ingredient decks on her makeup, etc., it's fuul of chemicals---including talc!  Find it a bit misleading.

That doesn't sound misleading to me. Those claims sound very specific. I wouldn't assume something is natural because it's paraben and gluten-free, especially because gluten is natural and so are some parabens. So is talc, a natural mineral, so assuming something is "natural" isn't the same as saying something excludes talc - quite the opposite.

Did she say it was free of talc or anything else you found listed in the ingredients?

Also, everything is made up of chemicals, including everything natural, even people. We're all carbon-based lifeforms of mostly H2O.

I don't think Laura Geller is the person who has been misleading you.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ   Are you not aware that talcum is a naturally occurring mineral in the soil, from which talc is made.

Respected Contributor

I really don't like how she only uses really young models not models of all ages.Hey how about a model YOUR age Laura? Why not? Just sayin......

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk Agree - her models haven't lived long enough to earn  a wrinkle.  Lots about "L" I've never cared for.......stopped watching her decades ago.

Honored Contributor

I thought LG did not own the company anymore, that she is just the face so to speak of the product line. I agree the products do have chemicals in them, but many do, it's what works and keeps them on the shelf for years. I complained about the lack of older models quite awhile ago and was chastised for the comment on this forum. Not only are the models young, but they are pumped full of fillers and botox, that's just not necessary at their age.

Honored Contributor

Found online .....  from December 2016;

Glanasol, which means ‘pure life’ in Irish, has been founded through a partnership between former Revlon President and CEO Alan Ennis, and private equity firm and brand incubator Warburg Pincus.

The deal to acquire Laura Geller, the US colour cosmetics brand, has already completed, while the other two are due to close shortly.

(replace "dot" with . for link)

https://www dot cosmeticsbusiness dot com/ news/article_page/Laura_Geller_and_Julep_acquired_by_Glanasol/124059

@blackhole99 

Esteemed Contributor

Laura is/was not alone in this practice.  Proudly proclaim no this or that but dump in a ton of other nasty stuff.  There are three vendors on here that are worse in the representations.

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ   Are you not aware that talcum is a naturally occurring mineral in the soil, from which talc is made.

Yes I am aware of this. Perhaps "natural" was the wrong word. I'm just surprised as I didn't think cosmetic companies--especially high-scale ones like LG-- would still be using talc in their products as toxic as it is.   That's the main point I was trying to make--that she emphsizes during her shows that her products contain "no parabens" but then is loaded with talc &  chemicals.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I'm not annoyed when a vendor specifies something that is or isn't in their product.

Some people make mental leaps,  imagining hosts or vendors say things that weren't actually said.

In this instance you inferred something about talc when she spoke about parabens.

If she were trying to imply something about talc, talking around it without actually saying "this contains talc", I might find that misleading. But she doesn't go near it.