Valued Contributor

Anyone Watching the Beekman Boys Live 24 hr Marathon?

[ Edited ]

You can watch either through You Tube Live or Facebook.  I got an email from the boys saying they are doing a 24 hour marathon live with no sleep showing you them wrapping gifts, sending out their products, and the goats!!!  It apparently started yesterday at 6 p.m. and running until 6 p.m. tonight. I got on through their actual website and there was link on there to to click on it and you can watch.  Pretty cool! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching the Beekman Boys Live 24 hr Marathon?

I got an email about it, but chose not to watch.  I am totally stocked up after all the deals on HSN, and I need no more temptation.  LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

I hear you, it can get tempting especially when they are offering free shipping today.  But they aren't just selling products.  They were sitting and autographing books a little while ago and talking.  It's kind of nice to see their store and where they work daily and their farm. 

Respected Contributor

I have watched it for most of the previous years but was totally turned off by this year's show. It has changed from a small business working hard to get their orders out in a spirted and fun enviornment located in the warehouse where they were working and transmitted via a computer camera or a single camera to a slick, commercial sell a thon located in the store. Most of the charm of the show is gone and neither of the 'boys' is there for the 24 hours. I am glad for their success but this year has shown for me that they are no longer the small business they make themselves out to be.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

If you like their face wipes, they have a great deal going on now.  It's a variety pack so you're not just limited to one scent.  You get six packs in a gift box for $35 and free shipping.  I love their wipes.  I knew I'd be tempted.  I've only tried the pure and vanilla so I ordered these to sample some of the other ones...especially the grapefruit. 

Respected Contributor

Sounds as exciting as watching paint dry.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Sounds as exciting as watching paint dry.  LOL

ITA!  I can not watch them for an hour let alone 24 hours!

Respected Contributor

I only ordered the men's shaving set directly from their site. Personally, I find the presentations on hsn lack the warmth and invitation as in the past.
The products are played out, IMO. I still like the soap and body cream, but cant use much of it anyways. Told by Mayo not to use it, only Vanicream soap for me. All the other products I tried are nothing I would want to re-order. I definitely feel their seeing a lack of sales, and they're running all these last minute specials on their site. I personally dont appreciate specials or dropped prices a few days before a big gift giving holiday, when we watch and order, expecting nice gift sets weeks before. Last minute they throw us what didnt sell! I'm too busy to scramble last minute...my shopping is all done...and I didn't see anything interesting from them. Sorry, too late, boys. I wish them the best, but unless something changes, I dont see a future with them.
Valued Contributor

Wow, rough crowd. If anyone tuned in to the ending you would have seen a beautiful tribute of a friend of the woman who sang at previous marathons who passed away.  Very touching and her voice sounded unbelievable acapella.  Merry Christmas and hope some of you find peace!

Respected Contributor

These two charlatans have been pulling the wool over peoples eyes for years. I dont believe in any benefit whatsoever of incororatinf goats milk into a product. I will stick with soap and water coupled with Oil of Olay at a fraction of the price.