Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Use The CC For Hand Wash?

I use the CCs I don't like for my hair as body wash, and they work quite nicely.

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 tigriss said:

That would be the essential you get from the local herb shop. His version isn't strong enough concentrated, plus there are other things in there. The pure stuff is strong enough.

tigress, I wouldn't think of putting antibacterial soap on my body!

I use the CC's as a body wash and I do not 'get sick.' The CC's are perfectly suitable for washing normal skin. Your statement that 'it must contain something', is pretty broad. As a certified herbalist I caution you that you should NEVER put any essential oil, 'pure' or not, on your skin without proper dilution.

PATIENTLY WAITING FOR 613 OIL {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

This is just my opinion: soap and hot water will cleanse the hands, even if it's Ivory and tap water.

Tea tree oil is an antifungal, so it targets fungus; and antibacterials target bacteria. Neither of them target viruses (ie, cold or flu) like soap and hot water.

Angel, I have a bottle of LAV that I use for miscellaneous. I tried it as a hand wash, but mentally I need suds.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

I use the BCC and CC every day quite a few times a day for hand washing. I have not gotten sick and yes my hands are clean.....and soft. If I forget and use something else my hands look horrible and dry.
Super Contributor

beaches, that is the reason I was wanting to use WEN to wash my hands with,I bought L'Occitane Bon Mere hand wash hoping that would help my hands but they still feel dry and look horrible even using this and I wash my hands a lot to.
Honored Contributor

P.S. I rub remoist into my nails and buff. They look great.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

I started using a small amount of Lav with my regular pump hand wash. I like it! I get the softness from the CC and the suds from the soap.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.