Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone UNDERSTAND the Perricone TSV?

Yes Pook you are correct.  There is no way he would still be in busines if his products did not help women and probably there are some men that use his things.   Paula is pushing her things also.  It is a billion dollar industry.........so many have their hand in the pocket of those of us wanting the fountain of youth. If Perricone was not staving away my aging I would not scrape to have it.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I like to be positive and there is a lot of negative on this thread about Dr. P and his products.  As far as spending what do people spend going to the movies, renting movies, buying soda's, eating out, smoking, alcohol, vacations, coffee, tea at the drive through, and so on and on..........all of those things add up to way more than $200.......no telling what people spend in a month on the things I have listed above.  If you like it great and if you don't we love your reviews.  It helps us but also knowing that we still have to make our own dicision............40,000 people can't be stupid.  We saw results last night.

Trusted Contributor

I forgot to ask.  DOES anyone skin care line tell us why they work? 

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

In response to motherinlaw,

Like you, I bought the TSV to try the Conformer at such a reduced price.  I've discovered that an unopened tube of the Neuropeptide Facial Cream will sell on eBay rather quickly if you put a low price on it, thus reducing what you paid for the Conformer even more.

Respected Contributor

@Tune Up wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have nothing AGAINST the Perricone products, but I am frustrated watching an hour long show and not understanding the real WHY I should buy them.

I get it (from Dana) that Dr. Perricone is the greatest anti-aging scientist out there.  That these products will make your skin GREAT and take away sun damage, wrinkles, and improve texture.

Excuse me for feeling I want to understand WHY they work.  Not just THAT they work!  I am fairly educated about skin care.  So, just excitement doesn't work for me.

I actually watched part of the 2am show (another hour) with a different rep from Perricone.  Dana is short on actual info, so I thought someone else might be different.  Not really!

And I would like to see MORE before/after photos.  If it IS that good, why not show 20 different subjects?  However, I have this issue with MOST other brands too.

I want to know what is so good about these products that they would cost $795 without the TSV.  I can get generic Retin-A for about $30, and it is widely accepted as a gold standard.  And I can get a good Vitamin C serum for about the same.

Does QVC think we are that air headed???

Hyacinth    Cat Frustrated

You post everytime a Perricone show comes on.  It's obvious you're very interested or you'd not take the time.  

Since you don't understand or don't like the info from the presenters have you thought about calling the Perricone customer service line? that might help!

For me, I don't need before and afters nor would I let them be posted on QVC.  It doesn't matter because what  products work for some people might not work for me so they can post all the befores and afters they want.  You really have to try and buy to see what works fror you and not everything will work for you and you can return it.

Science isnt't an end all and the science doesn't mean it will happen for you.  Again, buy and try!  Periccone was one of the first touting benefits of salmon and many people "jumped" on his bandwagon.

All his products don't work for me.  The ones that do well they Wow my skin but that's me.  The prices are comparable to other lines especially if you buy on the Q.

If I don't feel a line is explained well or I don't like the info then I dont 't buy and move on.  Cat LOL  Most people do....If interested enough to post for info, I ask and decide if I'm going to buy and try knowing I can always return.

No, I don't post every time this line is on!  You must have me confused with someone else.  I have no strong feelings about this line, one way or another.

I was actually taken with the demo of the cream where her face DID look tighter after Dana applied it!

I was frustrated with the lack of true information to meet MY need to know!  Just someone being excited about a product doesn't sell me on it.

I don't know why anyone gets so upset over a comment about a skin care line!

Hyacinth    Cat Surprised

Frequent Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Tune Up wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have nothing AGAINST the Perricone products, but I am frustrated watching an hour long show and not understanding the real WHY I should buy them.

I get it (from Dana) that Dr. Perricone is the greatest anti-aging scientist out there.  That these products will make your skin GREAT and take away sun damage, wrinkles, and improve texture.

Excuse me for feeling I want to understand WHY they work.  Not just THAT they work!  I am fairly educated about skin care.  So, just excitement doesn't work for me.

I actually watched part of the 2am show (another hour) with a different rep from Perricone.  Dana is short on actual info, so I thought someone else might be different.  Not really!

And I would like to see MORE before/after photos.  If it IS that good, why not show 20 different subjects?  However, I have this issue with MOST other brands too.

I want to know what is so good about these products that they would cost $795 without the TSV.  I can get generic Retin-A for about $30, and it is widely accepted as a gold standard.  And I can get a good Vitamin C serum for about the same.

You post everytime a Perricone show comes on.  It's obvious you're very interested or you'd not take the time.  

Since you don't understand or don't like the info from the presenters have you thought about calling the Perricone customer service line? that might help!

For me, I don't need before and afters nor would I let them be posted on QVC.  It doesn't matter because what  products work for some people might not work for me so they can post all the befores and afters they want.  You really have to try and buy to see what works fror you and not everything will work for you and you can return it.

Science isnt't an end all and the science doesn't mean it will happen for you.  Again, buy and try!  Periccone was one of the first touting benefits of salmon and many people "jumped" on his bandwagon.

All his products don't work for me.  The ones that do well they Wow my skin but that's me.  The prices are comparable to other lines especially if you buy on the Q.

If I don't feel a line is explained well or I don't like the info then I dont 't buy and move on.  Cat LOL  Most people do....If interested enough to post for info, I ask and decide if I'm going to buy and try knowing I can always return.

No, I don't post every time this line is on!  You must have me confused with someone else.  I have no strong feelings about this line, one way or another.

I was actually taken with the demo of the cream where her face DID look tighter after Dana applied it!

I was frustrated with the lack of true information to meet MY need to know!  Just someone being excited about a product doesn't sell me on it.

Hyacinth    

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tune Up wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@Tune Up wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth    

You might not post everytime - you've definitely posted on it before.    I was under the impression you were  upset or you were disappointed by the presentation and QVC especially with the comment of airheads.  And your posts through this thread didn't sound like you were too happy.

I was just hung over and merely trying to suggest you might want to call Perricone CS.  Wine hangovers make me lke that!!   Also, you also look up his patents.  

You were interested enough to watch hour long shows so buy and try.  It will not take long to see results if it agrees with your skin.  All the scientific journals in the world cannot predict how you will react.  Only one way to find out....You know you want too Hyacinth!!!!

So much BS is spread about this line and about Dr P.  I just chucke at the clowns!

Honored Contributor

@Tune Up, I'm not a Perricone user; I'm one of those dreaded Paula's Choice fans and some other brands' products, but I had to tell you that you cracked me up with your last post to the OP.

Listen, about that wine stuff. Totally understand. Just stay cold sober when purchasing. It's so very embarrassing when a surprise package appears.

Laughing

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Well, I like to be positive and there is a lot of negative on this thread about Dr. P and his products.  As far as spending what do people spend going to the movies, renting movies, buying soda's, eating out, smoking, alcohol, vacations, coffee, tea at the drive through, and so on and on..........all of those things add up to way more than $200.......no telling what people spend in a month on the things I have listed above.  If you like it great and if you don't we love your reviews.  It helps us but also knowing that we still have to make our own dicision............40,000 people can't be stupid.  We saw results last night.

Shoekitty said

ITA.  Well, I for one am sick and tired of people sitting in judgement about what works for me(if they do not use it), and what people should or should not spend.  What business is it of anyone what another spends, unless it is coming out of their own wallet.

What gets me is day after day I read what other spend, or buy here on QVC or elsewhere.  Some seem like they spend rampantly. That is their choice.  I have no idea their financial situation or income, and it is none of my business.  I think the only time we have a right to comment on what people spend their money on is when they ask for help or opinions.

There are certain products on this board, 4... I can think of off hand, that posters become rabid about and intent on maligning. Even attacking how the vendor looks.   I have no idea why, as it is just product.  That's all.  Unless you use it and have a bad experience.  I know I have tried probably 50 brands in the last 20 years.  People aren't stupid, they use what works.  What doesn't work for me works miracles for some.

Because a product has certain ingredients doesn't guarantee anything.  There is a difference between straight out scientific "results", and what works for me.  Just sayin"

I use Perricone, not exclusively.  I shop around though.  I rarely buy here.  Perricone works for many, but does not work for many as well.. That is probably true of every product on the market!

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003

Not to worry about not getting enough info!  I use perricone, and have for years...and I don't understand QVC shows either.  I have watched 2 shows over the years, and was totally frustrated each time.I do not tune in anymore.  I go online, look what they are selling.  I decide by online description.  I think because  they offer many products, it IS confusing for newbies..even oldbies like me!  LOL!

I think where it is confusing is the "layering".  Like what goes first, and so on.  I emailed Perricone with questions and received great explanations each time within a day.