Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone UNDERSTAND the Perricone TSV?

@bmorechick wrote:

I had a bottle of a Perricone product several years ago, a small trial size for day use as well as a tube of that neuropeptide cream (that I returned after 30  days). Always trying stuff to keep those pesky wrinkles at bay. Well went to my derm because at 57 (then) I kept breaking out. Mind you I have had pimples since I was 12!!! So it was hormonal acne.  I got the REAL liquid gold...retin a. I asked her about the Perricone stuff I took with me. So She just shook her head and said she wished she would have been that slick to purport stuff like that. Its nothing more than a heavy moisturizer - most of it. Any heavy moisturizer will keep the appearance of wrinkles at bay...she emphasized the word APPEARANCE...as does the Perricone rep.  Bottom line...nothing has been proven effective to keep wrinkles away except what I am lucky enough to have  -  retin a. Although I no longer break out, I have been fortunate to continue to have it prescribed. My insurance picks up the tab so I pay $10 a tube.  And no, at 60 I do not have any wrinkles anywhere...just a few small lines at the corners of my eyes but that's expected by now.  I just cannot fathom how this line can justify these claims or prices. What's more, how can anyone justify paying for it. Mr. Perricone never shows his face because it looks like a leather pocketbook. So much for his miracle anti aging line.

@bmorechick lol....good post, agree.

and lol at the Dr. P. description...thought the same.

He is on TV info-mercials where I think they use "gauzy" film over the camera lens!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paula warned us about Dr P. long ago

This Paula person (who sells her own product line) appears to be a self proclaimed "beauty expert" and has no real educational background except to say she has a "research team" with no listed educational background info on them.  Dr Perricone is a REAL research doctor with many real degrees far beyond those of most local derms and a thriving practice!!!  I would say no comparison. Local (usually just mediocre at that)derms are just that and are not doing research  - just stating their opinion (which is if their patients are getting great results from these products then they loose business!!).

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

hyacinth003 wrote:

I have nothing AGAINST the Perricone products, but I am frustrated watching an hour long show and not understanding the real WHY I should buy them.

I get it (from Dana) that Dr. Perricone is the greatest anti-aging scientist out there.  That these products will make your skin GREAT and take away sun damage, wrinkles, and improve texture.

Excuse me for feeling I want to understand WHY they work.  Not just THAT they work!  I am fairly educated about skin care.  So, just excitement doesn't work for me.

I actually watched part of the 2am show (another hour) with a different rep from Perricone.  Dana is short on actual info, so I thought someone else might be different.  Not really!

And I would like to see MORE before/after photos.  If it IS that good, why not show 20 different subjects?  However, I have this issue with MOST other brands too.

I want to know what is so good about these products that they would cost $795 without the TSV.  I can get generic Retin-A for about $30, and it is widely accepted as a gold standard.  And I can get a good Vitamin C serum for about the same.

Does QVC think we are that air headed???

Hyacinth    Cat Frustrated

You post everytime a Perricone show comes on.  It's obvious you're very interested or you'd not take the time.  

Since you don't understand or don't like the info from the presenters have you thought about calling the Perricone customer service line? that might help!

For me, I don't need before and afters nor would I let them be posted on QVC.  It doesn't matter because what  products work for some people might not work for me so they can post all the befores and afters they want.  You really have to try and buy to see what works fror you and not everything will work for you and you can return it.

Science isnt't an end all and the science doesn't mean it will happen for you.  Again, buy and try!  Periccone was one of the first touting benefits of salmon and many people "jumped" on his bandwagon.

All his products don't work for me.  The ones that do well they Wow my skin but that's me.  The prices are comparable to other lines especially if you buy on the Q.

If I don't feel a line is explained well or I don't like the info then I dont 't buy and move on.  Cat LOL  Most people do....If interested enough to post for info, I ask and decide if I'm going to buy and try knowing I can always return.

Respected Contributor

I had to call CS as once Dana said to use only the serum at night and both in the a.m. I was told that both products are used a.m. and p.m. by CS who looked up the information for me?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The strong appeal is directed to the emotional side of woman and our strong desire to hang on to our youthfulness.  I know I do.   Words like liquid gold, silky, luxurious, gold standard products.  You don't hear much about which peptides are used and what they do. He puts DMAE in many products for their supposed temporary lifting properties.  The jury is still out on DMAE.  Science says it could be harmful in the long-run.  We just don't know yet.   I did hear Dana say vitamin C Ester along with vit E and one other vitamin I don't recall,  was in the Facial Conformer, which I'd never heard before.  It appears they changed the recommended method of use from 2-3x a week to once every night- which in itself I have no qualms. 

I used his Conformer for 2 years straight, 3x a week with no results whatsoever.. But that's just me.  Others may enjoy excellent results.

It was Dr. Perricone after all who said-- paraphrased; "Promise women youthful beautiful skin and they'll pay anything."   Edited to not be as caustic: I've come to the conclusion he appears to carry a certain arrogance.  I've seen him on Oprah in the past and he was completely insulting.  I'd also think he'd make an appearance every once in a blue moon since we're making him wealthy.  Perhaps he's way too busy in the lab.  But that's just my opinion too.

Sunscreen,  retinoids, exfoliation, vitamin C and a good moisturizer is the best you can do.   Again, these statements are mine and mine alone.  I don't expect for anyone to agree.  In the past I've spent thousands on skincare.

I say use what you like... what makes you feel good.   If it happens to be products by Perricone your skin loves.. by all means use it!

I'm all for freedom of choice at any price point!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tune Up wrote:

You post everytime a Perricone show comes on.  It's obvious you're very interested or you'd not take the time.  

Since you don't understand or don't like the info from the presenters have you thought about calling the Perricone customer service line? that might help!

For me, I don't need before and afters nor would I let them be posted on QVC.  It doesn't matter because what  products work for some people might not work for me so they can post all the befores and afters they want.  You really have to try and buy to see what works fror you and not everything will work for you and you can return it.

Science isnt't an end all and the science doesn't mean it will happen for you.  Again, buy and try!  Periccone was one of the first touting benefits of salmon and many people "jumped" on his bandwagon.

All his products don't work for me.  The ones that do well they Wow my skin but that's me.  The prices are comparable to other lines especially if you buy on the Q.

If I don't feel a line is explained well or I don't like the info then I dont 't buy and move on.  Cat LOL  Most people do....If interested enough to post for info, I ask and decide if I'm going to buy and try knowing I can always return.

@Tune Up--You mention salmon.  I do believe Perricone is quite knowledgeable about the anti-inflammatory diet.  Not necessarily the pioneer of doctors who knew which foods could have a profound effect on your health;   good skin, clear eyes.. etc.   I could be wrong, but I believe that's where it all started for Perricone... quickly followed by his own supplements.  What you put in your body obviously has an overall effect on the outside- so you make a good point there.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have nothing AGAINST the Perricone products, but I am frustrated watching an hour long show and not understanding the real WHY I should buy them.

I get it (from Dana) that Dr. Perricone is the greatest anti-aging scientist out there.  That these products will make your skin GREAT and take away sun damage, wrinkles, and improve texture.

Excuse me for feeling I want to understand WHY they work.  Not just THAT they work!  I am fairly educated about skin care.  So, just excitement doesn't work for me.

I actually watched part of the 2am show (another hour) with a different rep from Perricone.  Dana is short on actual info, so I thought someone else might be different.  Not really!

And I would like to see MORE before/after photos.  If it IS that good, why not show 20 different subjects?  However, I have this issue with MOST other brands too.

I want to know what is so good about these products that they would cost $795 without the TSV.  I can get generic Retin-A for about $30, and it is widely accepted as a gold standard.  And I can get a good Vitamin C serum for about the same.

Does QVC think we are that air headed???

Hyacinth    Cat Frustrated

Exactly @hyacinth003

My sentiments!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Funloving  All skin care companies market and make product claims please don't limit that to Perricone - and he's  not the most expensive either.  

With all the science behind "retin A" many people can't use it because it messes up their skin - myself included in the can't use group.

You really have to buy and try to determine what works for you.

As far as ingredients - again another buy and try....Heck, I can't use many FDA approved sunscreens and FDA approved medications none which are suppose to "harm" you.

If it works you'll know it.  If it doesn't you'll know it.  

Frequent Contributor

@Funloving  totally agree on diet.  although sometimes I cheat  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tune Up wrote:

@Funloving  All skin care companies market and make product claims please don't limit that to Perricone - and he;'s  not the most expensive either.  

With all the science behind "retin A" many people can't use it because it messes up their skin - myself included in the can't use group.

You really have to buy and try to determine what works for you.

As far as ingredients - again another buy and try....Heck, I can't use many FDA approved sunscreens and FDA approved medications none which are suppose to "harm" you.

If it works you'll know it.  If it doesn't you'll know it.  

Of course they do @Tune Up.   Where did I say this was exclusive to Perricone?

Can you not use an OTC gentle retinol?  I suppose many but not all can. 

As I ended my post, I'm all for using what your skin loves.. including Perricone.   So what's your point?  I'm truly glad it works for you. Smiley Happy

ETA:  I don't know if 28 days is a true test of what a product can do for you.  I wish the companies would give you 60-90 days.  Some do.  But I know the excitement of trying skincare which could potentialy live up to the hype.  If it doesn't work at least you didn't pay full retail.  The upside is,  if you already love the Peptide Cream, you can't really lose on this TSV.