Respected Contributor

Anyone Trying the new Bare Minerals Bareskin Foundation?

I'm tempted. I'm looking for a light weight/natural (and preferably good for the skin) foundation. I have a couple that I'm checking into based on recommendations on this board, but this one does look interesting.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Trying the new Bare Minerals Bareskin Foundation?

Are you talking about the new, yet to be released, serum foundation?

Honored Contributor

Yes, I try everything at least once, hope this isn't another return. I used to use their powder foundation, but that doesn't work for me any more now that I'm in my sixties.

Trusted Contributor

Yes. I like the ingredients and lack of silicone, however I'll wait until I can try it out in person to get the correct shade.

Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2014 BellaCarro said:

If she is, I did order it and it is "in process" now. I haven't used BE in about 7 years now after being a devout customer for about 8 years. I hope I ordered the correct shade. I like getting the brush with it.

Esteemed Contributor

Seems like they are going backwards. I loved BE because they weren't liquid

Super Contributor

Mine's in process, too (and my cc has been charged). A couple here happened to get it applied by a BE rep somewhere and said their skin felt AMAZING. Don't know how it actually looked, though. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Trusted Contributor

The powder doesn't work as well when you're over 60, too dry. I'm curious about this new liquid, but have not ordered it yet.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/5/2014 MalteseMomma said:

Seems like they are going backwards. I loved BE because they weren't liquid

I have read that since Shishedo bought BE several years ago, it has not been doing too good financially. Everyone makes powder foundations now and BE is probably losing market share. I am a BE FAB member and got a survey a while back on what types of foundation I use, and what type I would like to see BE release. To increase sales, they are rolling out a liquid to attempt to capture customers they have lost and attract new ones who do not use powder.

The first QVC presentation by Leslie Blodgett (flew in at the last minute?) and Lisa sounded rather desperate, as she tried to rationalize selling a liquid foundation. The 2 month pre-sale before roll out is a novel approach. They've sold tens of thousands without one review.

I'm not knocking the company - I use a lot of BE products, and plan to buy the liquid when it's out in stores so I can choose the correct color. Just find this whole marketing plan interesting.

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2014 BellaCarro said:

Yes, that's the one! I've decided to wait to try it out in person.... the price will be the same as on the Q, and I'll just use a brush I already have.

Thanks to all for your responses!