Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Trying the Lisa Robertson Lip Product?

I guess any topic can offend these days....Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

I guess any topic can offend these days....Smiley LOL

@justashopper   or a simple question can turn into bashing of an ex host that no one supposedly likes but feels the need to read about and comment on.  😂

Respected Contributor

No. I don't waste money.
Esteemed Contributor

@justashopper @mspatmac  It seems that almost everyone is offended about something.  Negative LR comments is like a sport with unruly fans.  She is a successful woman and should be applauded, whether or not anyone here purchases from her.  I do not believe that any posters here actually know her personally, which makes the negativity towards her very sad.  While I do not plan to buy cosmetics from her, I will say that her Christmas decorations are always beautiful.  If I needed any, I would get them.  People who like her have the right to post here; but, for those who feel the necessity to post negativity about someone, that says volumes about those posters.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I agree with @QVCkitty1 .  I don't want to limit what beauty or other items we can talk about just because of the ex-host factor.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I am going to add that LR appears to be friends with current and past Q hosts as well as vendors, both current and past.  That speaks volumes about a person.  Too many times, people are glad to see others go, and keeping friendships after someone has left employment is difficult.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I had to smile  thinking back as many customers criticized her brown lip liner use back in the day. I think at one time fashionable for a short time?

Maybe her product is more of a stain but doesn't seem new. I think I have used a powder to cream lip product in a pot years ago. I sounds drying, like all those products with so called staying power I have tried. As someone said if it stayed on too long we wouldn't buy more. As it is in the past year with masks I haven't used alot of lip products.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That doesn't even sound tempting, so I will pass.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I had to smile  thinking back as many customers criticized her brown lip liner use back in the day. I think at one time fashionable for a short time?

Maybe her product is more of a stain but doesn't seem new. I think I have used a powder to cream lip product in a pot years ago. I sounds drying, like all those products with so called staying power I have tried. As someone said if it stayed on too long we wouldn't buy more. As it is in the past year with masks I haven't used alot of lip products.

@Gorgf 

She still wears it (lip liner) and she's selling it too. She is getting into her own skin care/makeup line a little at a time including the lip liner. 

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@justashopper @mspatmac  It seems that almost everyone is offended about something.  Negative LR comments is like a sport with unruly fans.  She is a successful woman and should be applauded, whether or not anyone here purchases from her.  I do not believe that any posters here actually know her personally, which makes the negativity towards her very sad.  While I do not plan to buy cosmetics from her, I will say that her Christmas decorations are always beautiful.  If I needed any, I would get them.  People who like her have the right to post here; but, for those who feel the necessity to post negativity about someone, that says volumes about those posters.  

@SXMGirl On the other hand, some are simply saying they aren't fans of LR.  That doesn't reflect anything on them except that they are not fans does it?  She is a business, a sales person, someone who puts her face on media, so it's a fair comment on a product/rep.

Some are nasty, and that's different.