Honored Contributor

Anyone Try Wet N Wild Cushion Foundation?

I am loving the cushion foundations.  My first try was Maybelline.  I instantly fell in love with it.  I don't use the applicator pad that came with it though, I used an IT foundation brush that came with my CC cream.  I love the coverage.  I'm not sure if they are all like this but I would not say this was a full coverage foundation.  Yes you can add more but IMO to get what I would consider full coverage, you'd have to put too much on and you'd look mask like. 

My next try was Clinique.  The shade choices were limited to light, medium, dark.  I read nothing that said the shades ran darker and I'm always a medium so that is what I ordered.  OMG it is way, way too dark.  This is for deeper skintones.  I'm not sure if my compact was mismarked or what.  I'm going to see if I can return it in the store so I can see the shades. 

I saw WNW now has this type of foundation and I'd like to try it.  I guess for the $8.99, I could give it a whirl but I'd be interested to know if any beauties here have tried it.

The one comment I see over and over about the cushion foundations is people think there isn't a lot of product in the compact.  I'm not sure how much they are putting on but my Maybelline lasted me 3 months with just about daily use.  Once I felt like the top of the cushion was used up, I flipped the cushion over.  A lot of the foundation sinks to the bottom.  Once I had used that up, I flipped the cushion again.      

Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Try Wet N Wild Cushion Foundation?

I tried the L'Oreal one and was disappointed.  Super watery and not much product or coverage.  I should really give another brand a try since I love the concept.  I've come to detest getting foundation all over my fingers.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva- WW Cushion is the bomb! I discovered it from a YouTuber that I follow. I apply it with my Beauty Blender. I also learned to extend the life, you can flip the pad over using tweezers. This worked out fine for me. I highly recommend!
Respected Contributor

@Sheilaray wrote:

I tried the L'Oreal one and was disappointed.  Super watery and not much product or coverage.  I should really give another brand a try since I love the concept.  I've come to detest getting foundation all over my fingers.

@Sheilaray  Same here. I have the L'Oreal one, too.  And I was disappointed with the coverage and the amount of product, too. I want to try Wet n Wild, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried both the Maybelline and the Wet n Wild. The both went smoothly and looked nice, but they never seem to dry down on me. Maybe it's my primer, not sure.

I end up having to powder itmore than I'd like. I probably use the Wet n Wild more because I prefer one with added sunscreen even though I wear a separate sunscreen. Both are an easy application.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

I got W&W for a trip just so I could cut back on the liquids I was carrying on my flight and I had a $2 coupon to use.  I tend to not be as impressed with their products as much as a lot of users, but I found I really liked the finish and ease of use  of the cushion compact.

Thanks for the suggestion of turning the cushion over.