Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Receive Iman's Love Memoir?

I did not order Iman's or Dolly's fragrance due to patchouli being in them both....I get a migraine almost instantly and nausea.  Plus trying something like fragrance over TV just never works out for me LOL!  

I think most of the Nest Fragrance line has it and also Lancome...heck I find it in candles also and avoid them too! 

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac 

Thank you so much for your most articulate response. 

I agree, fragrance is very personal and our individual body chemistry certainly can effect a great difference from one person to another. 

Your positive impression is encouraging. Wishing you continued joy wearing your new Love Memoir!

Esteemed Contributor

@mspemberley 

I enjoyed Iman's story too. Who wouldn't appreciate a tale of true love...and a heartfelt loss. Yet, I was attracted to the notes of this fragrance and how they're playing out for those who actually have tried it. Nice to hear this has worked well for you. Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Jk9 

It's too bad this fragrance didn't work out for you. Unfortunately listening to a presentation evokes thoughts and feelings as to how it'll translate on us. Obviously it is not always successful or how we had hoped it to be. A risk we take vs visiting an actual perfume counter in person. Thank you for responding!

Respected Contributor

both Iman and Dolly react well with me as long as I really hold the spray far away from me Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

One of the "notes" is patchouli....which is a turn-off for me.

@Desertdi   One of the facial/hair oils I had purchased had a note of patchouli. As long as it isn't too strong, it doesn't bother me. It reminds me of the 60's.

@Shanus   It doesn't react well with my chemistry....and I give off a cloud of something like bug killer and gasoline (!!)

I agree.  It smells like Raid on me.!!!

Honored Contributor

@mspemberley wrote:

Yes, I've received mine. I purchased the TS set. I rarely purchase any fragrance because when I do they last a long, long time. I was drawn in by Iman's  charm and her memories of her marriage to David Bowie. How could one go wrong evoking that love story? So I wore it immediately and I do like it. You only need a little, it's strong but lovely. Like Iman herself. 

I received mine today.  I like it.  My chemistry will usually turn fragrances to a totally different scent that is usually not good lol.  Because they had the purse size when I decided to order that is what I ordered.  It does not turn "bad" on me. It is a nice warm fragrance.  I do not smell the patchouli at all which is good. I have never liked that fragrance.  I was hesitant  to purchase because it is in the fragrance but I can't tell it's in there at all.   I am happy with this purchase.  

Like some of the posters say you do not need much. and it does last.  I have had it on for 5 hours and it still smells nice.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS It's nice to hear the different experiences with a fragrance.  And it is hard to know how our body chemistry will respond to the different formulas.   I think I will stick to trying out a fragrance in the future before I purchase.  Thanks for starting the thread. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Love it!

Honored Contributor

No didn't buy and have to say that the whole thing about selling perfume as a tribute to a dead loved one kind of creeps me out---not that the story behind it is awful--just the SELLING part is, to me. If the proceeds were going to a charity or a personal cause that her husband was involved in, then maybe .....kind of rubbed me the wrong way---and then just buying a frangrance online with no way to test it is not my thing either----I like both of them but is this just for the $$ and cashing in on his name----