Esteemed Contributor

Anyone Receive Iman's Love Memoir?

[ Edited ]

If so, please share your thoughts and comment. I see reviews are coming in at HSN and seem favorable. What is your impression?

Iman's story is such a beautiful tribute to their lives and love. Does the fragrance evoke any feelings for you? Much TIA. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Receive Iman's Love Memoir?

@rochelleS   Yes I received mine and am very happy with it.  Fragrance is very personal and smells differently on people depending on ones skin and body chemistry.  Therefore reviews will be all over the place.

It smelled strong with the first spray but once it dried down and settled it was a warm lovely scent with good staying power.  One spritz is all you need. It's well balanced and can go from day to night.  The body lotion is wonderful too, not heavy and lightly scented.  

It was a wonderful purchase for me, and one you would have to try for yourself to see how it interacts with your body chemistry.

Super Contributor

Yes, I've received mine. I purchased the TS set. I rarely purchase any fragrance because when I do they last a long, long time. I was drawn in by Iman's  charm and her memories of her marriage to David Bowie. How could one go wrong evoking that love story? So I wore it immediately and I do like it. You only need a little, it's strong but lovely. Like Iman herself. 

Honored Contributor

One of the "notes" is patchouli....which is a turn-off for me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I received the ts set and don't like it.  Regardless of the story behind its creation, it just isn't a fragrance I like around or on me.   I find it "heavy" and "masculine".  My husband's reaction was that it is "ok" and that is how I feel about it too.  Not a fragrance I want to wear.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Hate the stench of Patchouli

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi   One of the facial/hair oils I had purchased had a note of patchouli. As long as it isn't too strong, it doesn't bother me. It reminds me of the 60's.

Honored Contributor

I received a sample of it a few months ago and I don't care for it.  It is much too strong and heavy for me but everyone's chemistry is different.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi   One of the facial/hair oils I had purchased had a note of patchouli. As long as it isn't too strong, it doesn't bother me. It reminds me of the 60's.

@Shanus   It doesn't react well with my chemistry....and I give off a cloud of something like bug killer and gasoline (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I ordered Dolly's and Toni's...both no. I didn't think twice about taking a chance on Iman's. Going to stick to sampling first. I learned my lesson.