Honored Contributor

Anyone Make a Purchase During Sephora's Spring Sale?

I'm VIB so today was the first day I could get the 15% off.  I bought Tarte's Tartelette™ Juicy Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette.  Looks like there are a lot of "one and done" colors in this palette.  And repurchased UD's Hydromaniac Glowy Tinted Hydrator Foundation.  I had it in the color 41 but it was too dark.  Returned it and waited for the sale to get a lighter color...30.  I really like this formula.  It's a lighter weight (between a foundation and tinted moisturizer) and just a tad glowy.  I'm not into glowy foundations but this one isn't bad.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Make a Purchase During Sephora's Spring Sale?

Yes, I stocked up on things that I was running out of.  

Trusted Contributor

I have a cart going, but I have to wait another two days because I'm only an Insider.  

I tend to look at various websites and often find things at 20% off or more during the year at Nordstrom or Macy's so don't find myself spending enough at Sepora to get to the other levels,so I miss out on the good deals.  By the time I get to my cart, several items are usually gone and I get frustrated and don't buy anything!

My 'local' Sephora is about 1/2 hour away, and there's an Ulta 10 minutes away, so I'm usually at Ulta anyway.  I find their haircare section better anyway.

I have that Tarte Juicy palette and the quality is good, but some of the pink shadows kinda make me look like I have pink eye! I've been using the more neutral ones more.  I so wish I could wear pink or red-ish eye shadows!

Respected Contributor

I have a small list of items I'm thinking about.  One is Daisy Eau So Fresh roller ball or mini spritzer.  I just luv that fragrance - so light and springy, but I don't need a large bottle of it.

I'd also like an eyeliner - probably a brown shade, to attempt a waterline under my top eyelashes.  Dominique Sachse recommends doing this as opposed to lining the top lid, and I think she knows what she is doing, I enjoy her so much.  Not sure which brand to choose though.  Pick Sephora brand and not spend too much?

Some sort of tinted moisturizer might be nice.  Or a self tanning face oil.  I'll probably order something for sure.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Occasional Contributor

I purchased Natasha Denona's Circo Loco  and Sunrise Palettes, Sauvage cologne for my husband and MELT liquid lipstick in Melon-Collie.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@monicakm I have the Tarte pallette you bought and think you'll like it.  

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 

Do you happen to have bloodshot/red eyes?  My mother once told me that pink and mauve eyeshadow would make my eyes look sickly so it's not something I ever wore.  Now I know that that's not always the case.  It might be for her but I don't have bloodshot eyes and I love pink e/s on my blue eyes.  However, Sephora is so good about returns so if it's not a good choice, I know they'll let me return it.

Honored Contributor

Dominique Sachse...I love her! Smiley Happy  I'm a bit more bold in my makeup than she is but I still enjoy watching her.  

I think of all the eyeliners I've tried over the decades, my favorite is Fenty's Flypencil.  Right now I have the navy w/ sparkles (that I can't see).  Next time I need a brown, I'll choose the same brand.

Esteemed Contributor

I splurged and bought La Mer face wash. I love this stuff and  only treat myself when I get a discount. 

Honored Contributor

So I'm a VIB, this happens to me everytime, the items I want are out of stock due to the Rouge members shopping first.