Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Looking Forward To Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale

I have scheduled vacations during the week of the Anniversary Sale (in various cities across the country) just so I could attend!  I am most successful at the stores in Chicago or the Mall of America in Minneapolis.  I primarily shop for clothes for myself. How 'bout you? Do you make purchases at the Anniversary Sale for yourself or for others?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Contributor

Not what it used to be. 

Super Contributor

I've been pretty disappointed in this sale the last few years by the items offered so I actually don't have much hope of finding things I really want this year.  I would think the catalog would be coming soon though since the cardholder presale is getting close.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiAnne wrote:

I have a new handbag on my list and hopefully I can snag a cashmere sweater.  

I'm also waiting for a particular handbag that I saw on their website.  I hope we aren't waiting for the same bag.  We might have to fight each other for it. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, the last 2 Nordie anniversery events have been awful,  Most of the stuff is not their usual stuff.  I am a level 4 customer, last year anyway.  I have hardly bought anythng this year.  When I go online much of their merchandise is bland, and run of the mill.  Oh, they have some cute stuff.  But I used to be able to buy unique, artsy high quality items.  Now it is just so, so. The good thing is you can find a prom or evening dress for 60 bucks, but some is just Target stuff with their label on it.

The customer service is till stellar, and they are always there for you.  That is what keeps me going back.  But I buy less and less for myself

Regular Contributor

Wow great thread!! I use to always love the anniversary sale but habe Flynn nd I nearly spend what I use to. I  find fabrics are cheap and inferior not many great deals life styles. Last couple years I only look for shoes or maybe a jacket. But happy I've saved a lot of money. 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Yes. I also look forward to the special sets or beauty items they do for the Anniversary sale. In the past they have done some good deals on Clarisonic brush heads, so I usually stock up on those, too.

@ChynnaBlue...thanks for mentioning the Clarisonic brush heads. I'll definitely check out the sale.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

No. Funny how I so looked forward to Nordstrom coming to Canada when the Vancouver store opened last September. I've been there 3 times, eaten lunch in their bistro restaurant twice, and bought nothing. I've been to Nordstrom at the Fashion Show Mall in Las Vegas twice this year, looked at beauty products and shoes and bought nothing. I've bought lattes at their coffee ebar as they are cheaper than Starbucks on the strip but that's it. 

My husband is retired and I do not need or want a lot of fall and winter clothes -- I have a lot of clothes for year round. Nordstrom Canada also does not cater to size 14 and up...they learned nothing from Target Canada's demise. Millenials won't be bailing out Nordstrom as housing and living in Vancouver, Canada is very expensive. I figure Nordstrom will eventually bail from Canada as they will never be profitable in this country.

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

You bet! I've been watching and waiting for the sale catalog to be released on their site.

ITA

I buy quite a bit during their anniv. sale--usually a pair of boots or two plus makeup, etc.! Love their sale!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I used to, especially when my children were very small but as others have said, it has CHANGED and not for the better.

The ONLY think I look at now are shoes and great deals on cosmetic staples. Beyond that, I prefer to shop when mega points are available. ACTUALLY.. they've changed THAT now so having a Nordstrom account is no longer the perk it once was.

Shame.