Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone Like Avon? I Just Quit!

I heard that if you buy in a store, you don't get the brochure sale price.  Is this true?

Respected Contributor

I am always tempted by the glimmersticks. I read posts awhile back          that so many love the glimmersticks for brows and eye lining but have yet to try them.

We don't have a rep around here and never thought to look on line to order.

anyone here use and like the glimmersticks?

Honored Contributor

My mother always bought Avon and so, I've grown up with it.  I buy some of the jewlery and I like some of the eye pencils.  I cannot use much in the way of skin care items because of my skin problems.  I buy items for my young niece and nephew.  The perfumed skin softeners are good deals and I buy those for my mother and sister.

I do like some of the newer pefrumes, Far Away Gold is a nice one.  I am getting ready to order the Rare Diamonds one.  

I also like a lot of the lipsticks and glosses.  Very good value for the price.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I get nervous every time I hear that Avon may go out of business! I've been buying from them for over 40 years. Back in the day I had many "Avon ladies" in my neighborhoods that would visit and bring my products. Later on, my mother was the only one that had someone come to her house to deliver Avon. A few years ago my friend that delivered to my home reitired. First time in my adult life I didn't have an Avon rep. I began to just order online. It's worked out great! I get my products a lot faster! I probably still order 1-2 times a month. Just got an order yesterday!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Our store often gives me a sale price. I do not take the catalogs - I only am interested in this one item, and when I need it I buy it on sale or not.

Respected Contributor

I have used their skin products for years.  I am currently using the Anew Platinum day and night cream.  I do order online because I don't have a rep close to me.  I keep watch because the items I use go on sale occasionally.

Trusted Contributor

Lip Dew - I've been using it for 42 years and don't plan on giving it up.  I used to sell Avon years ago and enjoyed their nic-nacs and gift items more than anything else. 

Super Contributor

I love Imari Elixir and also like Far Away Gold.  

My Avon lady lives down the hall so no problem plus she gives senior discounts. 

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Regular Contributor

Yes, I like the lip balms very much, especially Care Deeply and Dew Kiss.  Some of the jewelry is good for the price.  

I already have a Rep, I've talked to her before, and she doesn't live far from me.  She delivered my brochures today, what a gem!  She said if I get orders from my daughter's new job, she'll give me 20% off.  She also stated that I won't be dropped for about two months, and it used to be 3-4 weeks.  Sounds like Avon is desperate!  All the reps in my area have quit already.

Honored Contributor

You can always buy Avon on ebay for very good prices.