Honored Contributor

Anyone Into Natural Non-Toxic Fragrances

[ Edited ]

I'm starting to delve into natural, non-toxic, green, vegan (I have heard all of these names used) perfumes.  So far I have tried only one by a very small company in Florida.  The fragrance is called Florida In A Bottle and I am liking it....definitely a more beachy scent.  I am surprised at how long it is lasting on me and how it lingers on my clothing.  I am saving it for the summer.  I have sent away for a sampling of 4 more (for $10.00) from another company and expecting to get them early next week. 

Just wondered if any of you have gone this route yet.  It seems perfume is heading more and more in this  direction.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Into Natural Non-Toxic Fragrances

@jubilant 

Skylar perfume might interest you.

I will post another company when I remember the name. 

Honored Contributor

I never found any that lasted on me,but interested,let us know.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 

Yes!  I almost ordered free samples from Skylar.  The one I ended up ordering my samples from is Rosie Jane.  I am looking for a light floral that's also somewhat fresh. Lurk sounds like another interesting company.

Honored Contributor

I follow several vegan YouTubers and Pacifica comes up a lot.

I think you can purchase Pacifica products at Whole Foods.

Another YouTuber reviewed Eden Perfume’s (from the UK)

version of Chanel No.5....she she seemed pleased (no sponsor).

Honored Contributor

Oh, my, where to begin.

Probably for the last few months or a year, I have transtioned soley to oil perfumes. They are not all 100 percent natural, but they are alcohol-free. I don't demand 100 percent natural for several reasons, including safety, longevity, variety of notes, etc.

The oils are wonderful because while they last and you can enjoy them, rarely is projection ever offensive to anyone else.

Also, they come in so many more "genres" than mainstream perfume. I love dark, resinous fumes and am served endless choices. But they come in all genres -- floral, fruity, etc.

They are much less expensive that alcohol-based sprays and last forever, unless of course you're like me and go crazy buying so many.

They are easy to store and transport as well.

Some of my favorites are made by Alkemia, Solstice Scents, Siren Song Elixirs, Black Baccara, Little Book Eater, to name my favorites.

Right now I am awaiting my first custome scent from Siren Song Elixirs. The wonderful owner and I discussed what I want, and she is working on it now.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Yes, Kuumba Made is my favorite so far.  Pacifica is very nice as well.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom 

Thanks for the head up....I'm pretty sure Ulta sells Pacifica.   I looked up the Eden....they have a lot to choose from.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow...these ideas are giving me a lot to go on. Thanks everyone!

All my florals are making me sneeze.  They are just too strong.  The Florida In Bloom fragrance I mentioned is by a small family company called Rilevare.  They have a website. It is more like Bronze Goddess with lots of citrus.  I  bought the set of two (4 oz.) "after beach lotions" and the little 10 ml bottle of perfume for $59.00.  A little goes a very long way.  At first I didn't like it.  It is very concentrated and I used waaaay too much.  I almost sent it back.  After three times of wearing it I was sold. It lingers on your clothing and the fragrance became softer as I applied it more sparingly.

Honored Contributor

I have made my own years ago with essential oils.  Nordstrom carries non-toxic fragrances.

kindness is strength