Valued Contributor

Anyone Here With Rosacea Or Sensitive Skin Ever Use The Clarisonic?

Everywhere I look, the reviews are influenced by Clarisonic. Even the Beautypedia review is ambiguous. So, I'm wondering if anyone here with Rosacea and/or sensitive skin has used the Clarisonic, and how did that work out for you? Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Here With Rosacea Or Sensitive Skin Ever Use The Clarisonic?

It is a very personal thing I have roseaca and can not use a clarasonic, it is too strong, my skin is super senstive, you look at me and I get red.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Regular Contributor

IMHO you should think twice about Clarisonic, and then think again, and maybe even again.   My derm reminds me over and over to "be gentle" with my sensitive/reactive skin---use the gentlest products possible, and don't overstimulate (along with avoiding all the other rosacea triggers; spice, heat, etc--which I'm sure you are aware of since you didn't ask).

Perhaps you might call your derm's office and ask her PA what the dr's opinion is of clarisonic for your particular issues before you try it so you won't then need six months for your skin to calm back down............  Just my opinion.

Contributor

i have  paper thin sensitive skin and i cannot use anything that hard on my skin. the rotating action just rips my skin and then i get beet red. i can only use a soft washcloth and dove soap

Trusted Contributor

@grammarqueen, I have sensitive skin and use the Clarisonic.  I only use it with the sensitive heads, and, also, only use it occasionally, not daily.  Daily would be too much for my skin.  I do agree that you might want to call your doctor's office and check.

Respected Contributor

I have sensitive skin and a touch of rosacea, super dry too. I use my Clarisonic once a week. Works out well.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I have rosacea and fair skin and my derm said  no Clarisonic. I do use philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash with my fingers...no wash cloth.

Esteemed Contributor

I have super sensitive skin with a ton of issues and allergies. I looked at this for years before I finally purchased my first Mia 2 about five years ago. I love it! It's really helped my skin. Who knew that it was not getting clean enough?  The type of brush head is very important.  I have used the sensitive, delicate, normal and deep pore. The newest one with the fluffy head I can't wait to try. The sensitive and delicate I sometimes alternate depending on what issues I have going on my face. I no longer use the normal because it was just too tough on my skin. I use the deep pore for the nose, forehead and chin area when I have heavy sunscreen on my face. Otherwise, I'll use the deep pore on the nose area about three times a week.

The Mia 2 fits my hand nicely and this is the best price I've seen in a long time. I purchased a new one today because I don't want to be without one.

Regular Contributor

I have sensitivity issues as well and only use it once or twice a week.  That said, I love it. There's an extended return policy so maybe you can give it a try.

Contributor

I have vascular rosacea. My husband bought me the Clarisonic for Christmas 2 years ago. When I do use it, my cheeks stay pink for 3 days afterward. I even tried just barely touching my face with the  brush, my skin looks better when i DON'T use the Clarisonic.

I am kind of annoyed at listening to the presentation today. They keep saying that absolutly ANYONE can use this. They say that it also works for sensitive skin. I just don't think they should make blanketed statements when the truth is that not everyone can use this.