Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Getting Algenist Beauty Steal?

I dipped my toe into Algenist with their Firming and Lifting Face Cream. I like it, but my bathroom shelves are so full of beauty products from all categories right now I really need to use up a few things before adding anymore new stuff.  

Honored Contributor

I lstill love their Reconstructing Serum!

Esteemed Contributor

@Chardie wrote:

@rochelleS

Thanks for the reply. I first heard about the tinted moisturizer during an Algenist presentation on QVC. I was interested in trying it, so picked up a sample at Sephora. I ended up liking it, but when I went back on QVC to order the duo, it was no longer available. Right now I’m using the bare minerals B.B. cream and like that as well. I also found the Algenist cleanser at Marshall’s and it’s very nice. I’ll keep looking on qvc to see if the duo ever comes back. Can’t beat that price! 

You are so welcome @Chardie!

I did check and there's a 15% discount bt signing up on the Algenist site. Ironically they're out of the TM. But for future F & F or other sale events, Black Friday, Cyber Monday etc it wouldn't hurt to satay informed. There's a couple sealed Light tubes available on eBay from a big seller for $23 and change.(vs $42 retail) I have purchased some cosmetic items with reputable sellers and only once over 10 yrs ago did I have an issue and the seller immediately made good. I've no issues with eBay overall but suggest to always ask any questions first and know you're always covered by  their Buyers Protection Plan.

I recently ordered the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue TM. The shade I wanted wasn't available so I went with their medium. It's a tad dark on me and I'm going to Ulta to shade match.

For some zany reason I've been on a foundation mini spree. In spite of having several I use and adore, been curious to test others. All I need now is a bigger face or two.

Keep in mind the TM duo was priced around  $38. If you see anything remotely close do not hesitate.! Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

If the beauty steal was the other day with the tinted moisturizer, bronzer and illuminating drops, I can say that I tried the tinted moisturizer but returned due to an irritating fragrance - it was scented like baby powder which I'm sure is not offensive to most  but I found it unusable and returned - the illuminating drops I tried in Sephora and  they were nothing more than most others; however, I own the bronzer and it is VERY nice. I picked it up in tjmaxx for a fraction of the price, great find! 

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

They all look like great products.  Has anyone tried any of the products?  

If the beauty steal was the other day with the tinted moisturizer, bronzer and illuminating drops, I can say that I tried the tinted moisturizer but returned due to an irritating fragrance - it was scented like baby powder which I'm sure is not offensive to most  but I found it unusable and returned - the illuminating drops I tried in Sephora and  they were nothing more than most others; however, I own the bronzer and it is VERY nice. I picked it up in tjmaxx for a fraction of the price, great find! 

If if the steal was any of the skin care, I use the reconstructing serum and like it very much. Received their genius cream in the gwp Beauty bag recently but have not yet tried.