Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Following the Latest Lashgate Scandal?

@Trinity11 wrote:

@BiggsE wrote:

@cjm61 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I don't follow influencers. However, from what you have stated, I don't feel a soft spot for her. If she lied, and many do, they need to be held accountable. Many people follow these influencers and rely on accuracy. How many purchased the Loreal item only to find out that it doesn't work the way demonstrated by Mikayla. Not cool. 

@cjm61, I don't follow any youtubers either.  I agree with you that the deception is despicable.  I don't follow anyone on social media platforms.  I only have one facebook.  That's enough for me.

I follow Ali Andreea. She is the real deal. Her holiday videos in Paris every year, where she is shopping are simply beautiful. A lot of her suggestions work! 

After a small stroke I messaged her on techniques for applying eyeliner. I was left with a slight tremor and she solved my problem. Lovely lady through and through. She even diagrammed it for me @BiggsE .

@Trinity11  How nice.  I don't follow people on youtube.  I go there but it's not to follow people.  I love music and comedy clips I can find there.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone Following the Latest Lashgate Scandal?

@Icegoddess wrote:

@monicakm , just because I don't follow beauty YouTubers or any YouTubers for that matter is not because I have a distaste for YouTube or anything against any particular YouTube Influencer. I'm not particularly interested in being influenced.  But, really, makeup/skincare is not enough of an interest to me to spend a lot of my time watching vidoes to be influenced to buy more than I already do.  I enjoy makeup, but I really only wear it once a week and I don't have that much time to play with it then.

I mostly use YouTube as an information gathering product.  I went down many a YT rabbit hole when I was building my greenhouse.  I often reference YT for gardening projects from how to amend and re-use my container soil to growing different things.  I think I have only tried following one gardening YouTuber, but I don't know what good that even does since I don't get any notices when he posts new content.  

I often watch YouTube vidoes about a particular product before I buy especially if it's pricey and I'm comparing products.  I also consult YT on how to do some sewing techniques although I was disappointed that every YT video I could find incorrectly showed sewing around a zipper for inserting a zipper.  I already knew you don't do it that way and why, and it makes more of a difference with all the stretchy fabrics in use these days.  

I also check out YouTube for help when I get in a bread-making mode or want to see how to use a new appliance.  

I have watched a few Hot & Flashy videos. In fact I happened to watch one the other day that popped in the side list when I was looking for something else.  It was about her experience going off of HRT.  I'm currently tapering off of HRT and wanted to see her experience. She went back on it, but I won't be able to.  

Yes, I don't understand the categorizing of me being a youtube hater.  I love youtube.  Never said otherwise.  I wish people would not make assumptions.  I don't do following people.  I go for music, comedy, stuff about other countries and travel vlogs when I go to youtube.

Like this site, where I post commentary, I don't do that on youtube.  I don't consider youtube social media either.  I think it is just a database of stuff.  That's how I see it.