Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Following the Latest Lashgate Scandal?

@monicakm wrote:

@RollTide2008 

I need your phone number.  I'm kinda thinking about removing some wallpaper Smiley Happy

@monicakm I've removed wallpaper before too.  I think the better it was applied, the harder it is to get off.  I used the scoring tool and them a steamer, very slowly.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Have you seen her son? He is adorable and looks just like her.

Yes, I have.  They really are a beautiful family

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Oh I know!  When we built this house in 1981.  It was FULL of wallpaper.  There is only one area left and it, of course, isn't the same as the original from '81.  We've never removed it ourselves.  I'm hiring @RollTide2008 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I think I have only tried following one gardening YouTuber, but I don't know what good that even does since I don't get any notices when he posts new content.  

If you want to be notified of a new video from the gardener you enjoy watching, click the notification bell...

Untitled-1.jpg

@monicakm thanks, I'll try that.

Yes, DH also has used it extensively for home repair projects as well as for the actual greenhouse build.  He realized pretty quickly that he got the short end of the stick when I offered to buy the GH if he took care of building it.  I had no parameters, so he could've hired some of the work done, like leveling the ground assuming he could get someone out to do it, but he did it all himself.

I found a beautiful, simple cherry casket online, but my state doesn't allow it.  The funeral home directors have a lock on all caskets.  One of our former City Council members tried to open up a low cost casket shop to cater to the lower income people, and it got shut down, state law. Such a shame.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Oh I know!  When we built this house in 1981.  It was FULL of wallpaper.  There is only one area left and it, of course, isn't the same as the original from '81.  We've never removed it ourselves.  I'm hiring @RollTide2008 

@monicakm DH was not happy that I bought beadboard to put up in that room.  It's a pain to level. but I think it came out beautifully.  I did a much better job marking it for cutting around the window casing, but the side he cut is less visible since it's next to the corner, LOL.  He shoulda waited for me.  Caulking hides it pretty well.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I love remodel projects Smiley Happy  And that reminds me, are you an interior designer?  Months ago I remember reading something you said that made me think you were.  We work with them a lot due to DH's business.

Honored Contributor

@FLGators 

I have questions.  Who/what is SM?  Oh, nevermind.  Social media.

Instagram subscription?  As in a paid subscription?  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I love remodel projects Smiley Happy  And that reminds me, are you an interior designer?  Months ago I remember reading something you said that made me think you were.  We work with them a lot due to DH's business.

@monicakm not in the least.  I'm actually terrible at design.  I know when I like something as far as design and color combos, but I would never be able to do it on my own.  I don't mind doing some of the work though.  In fact, I wish I knew more about how to build things.  I do know how to do basic tiling and I'm an excellent caulker.  I like cutting in when painting or doing the trim over doing actual walls and can do it without even taping.  I hate the prep work like taping.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I don't think anyone likes painting prep-work Smiley Surprised  Well I'm sorry.  Maybe it was someone else or maybe I dreamed it,\.

Frequent Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@BiggsE 

I don't follow any youtubers either.  I agree with you that the deception is despicable.  I don't follow anyone on social media platforms.  I only have one facebook.  That's enough for me.

You aren't alone on this one on this social media platform.  And btw, FB is a social media platform also.

I don't understand people's distaste for YT.  First, there are shady people selling things in/on any type of advertising platforms...magazines, newspapers, tv, FB, Instagram, Tiktok.  Today's advertising modes are different than yesteryears.  There is a LOT of helpful YT information.  Reading reviews and watching YT is how I successfully buy makeup and skincare online.  People should be able to think for themselves just as they do (or should do) when they see ads on tv or in print.  But there isn't one of us that hasn't bought what we consider a dud, be it online or in a brick and mortar.  Not everyone on YT is a liar.  I think most are honest but that doesn't mean the product is right for me.  Do your due diligence.  Pay attention and PLEASE, whatever you do, don't fall for the look of that Quarter-Pounder picture on the drive-thru sign at McDonald's!   

Oh yeah, FB is a social media platform.  I don't follow anyone there.  I don't follow anyone here either.  I don't think we can, here though.  I do go to youtube on a regular basis.  The only things on youtube that I like are music and some other things. I don't follow influencers.  I'm not easily influenced.  Besides, I'd rather start my own youtube so I can make money.