Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Miss This Shampoo?

@Jacie wrote:

Just thought of the other shampoo that was all the rage at that same time.....Protein 21 The shampoo that was supposed to repair split ends. My hair was down to my waist then and so thick there wasn't enough Tame to settle it down !

Prior to those "new" shampoos I used Egg Shampoo, the only thing really available, or the only thing my Mom had in the house! It was in a huge bottle and was sparkly yellow!

My Mom used to use Protein 21.

Then, she started to buy her shampoo from a hair salon, and she would buy Redken shampoo. I don't know if any of you remember Amino Pon shampoo but that was such a lovely shampoo. It smelled so beautiful.

My Mom used to buy Olgilvie shampoo for my sister and me. If I recall, they made a version for oily hair. That smelled really good, too.

Respected Contributor

@Toppers3  I do remember Amino Pon! Smelled great and if I remember it was a pale pink!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

Yes!  I remember the Love fragrances.  My favorite was Love's Musky Jasmin.  I would get compliments when I wore it.  I still have a half filled bottle of it that I just cannot get rid of.  It is discolored and I would never spray it for fear the fragrance is beyond rancid. 

😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🤣🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Amino Pon sounds familiar.  I did not use it but I think a friend of mine did.

Fun to remember the old brands!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Contributor

I loved this shampoo!  Loved the smell, how it made my hair feel...Wish they would bring it back!

Super Contributor

Before I even looked at which shampoo you were talking about I knew it would be this one! Miss it very much.