Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone 50+ Leave Bare Minerals Foundation?

I'm ashamed to admit it but I actually found some of the IT Foundation in the compact in my makeup stash. I think that should tell me that I purchase too much makeup! I'm referring to the CC Veil SPF 50 Cushion Compact with brush. I liked the luminosity but felt like it didn't give quite enough coverage. And I hate that you have no way of knowing how much makeup is there. I noted some reviews where people said it did not last long.

And I ordered the Josie Maran color correcting liquid and I should have that tomorrow to try.

Anyone else want to share what they use after moving on from Bare Minierals Original?

Valued Contributor

I alternate between Physician's Fourmula CC cream, IT Illuminating CC cream and BE's Complexion Rescue. I have some Earth Glo mineral powder that I bought and I love it but the company went out of business.  I tried Every Day Minerals with jojoba in it and that was nice but I ended making my own tinted moisturizer with it.  I use my "mix" on days when I am not going anywhere.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From the time I started using Bare Minerals, years ago,  I've concocted my own mixture,  shades depending on the time of year ..... I find that using just the plain BM is  too monotone and matte for my skin .....   almost "muddy" .....  I'm sure you know what I mean.

So, in addition to the color currently closest to my skin tone,  I also add a small amount of champagne luminizer,  and then a darker tone to counteract the lighter powder,  plus a of smidge of soft rose or a peachy pink tone for a little color.     I recently discovered Elf High Def loose powder and really like how  it "softens" the look.    

Yes, it may seem like a lot of trouble, but I mix up a batch and can modify it at any time I need to ..... I still prefer the speed and natural, finished look I get with a mineral makeup.    Heart

Highlighted
Contributor

I used BM original for years, until I noticed pores I didn't know I had. Then I tried the BM matte loose powder, but it left me looking flat. Now, at 80, I use the LG Balance & Brighten and it works perfectly for me. I don't like the feeling of liquids or creams, so I will stay with the B&B.

Honored Contributor

@QPrincess@Lenij1020  I used BM for about 5 years.  One day I looked in the mirror and same as you, all of the pores were magnified!  (and crinklies, too!) Also, my face was rashy after I removed my makeup at night.

Doing some research, it was reported that BM contained an ingredient that some were sensitive to. (bismuth oxychloride)

I looked for a foundation/veil company without this ingredient and somehow stumbled onto faerie organic.

WOW... my face never loved anything as much!  I am still loving this product after about 7 years.  It is just beautiful! I ordered some samples of other minerals (because people on the boards here might have suggested) and the one I tried made my face feel "smothered" -- don't know how else to explain this.  So, I am grateful for fo...

This company has signed the Data Safe Pact/and does no testing on animals.  They have other claims to fame (I forget)  Just know, that these are the least offending and most beautiful I have ever had the pleasure of having on my face!  I would trust ANYTHING this company offers.  

Do I sound like an ad for this product?  You betcha!  I just wonder if anyone has a "persnickity" face like mine?? !

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~