Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone 50+ Leave Bare Minerals Foundation?

I gave up on BE after 20+ years of use. Switched to Pur and/or IT Cosmetics and never looked back. No one tells me anymore that I am looking dry. I am 60 now and my skin looks great. There are other mineral products that don't make my skin dry. I have also tried the Jane Iredale line but found Pur works best for me now.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

54 and still using Bare Minerals.  I use Dr. Denese Hydroshield first, the Bare Minerals Purely nouristing moisturizer over that (the lotion in summer, and the cream in winter), and then the original Prime Time primer (the clear gel one) and then the foundation over that.  I'm still happy with the results.

Smiley Happy

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

@QPrincess wrote:

I have used BareMinerals original for YEARS. Lately I feel like it looks dull and flat and settles into lines. If you feel the same way..............what did you do? Did adding a Radiance help, or perhaps a different Primer (I use B M primer), or setting product? OR did you leave Bare Minerals for something else? I can't imagine going back to a liquid or cream but I will definitely do it if I can get back a more youthful glow and radiance. I'd love to hear from you. TIA

while some can still wear the bare minerals I too am one that can't. I switched to BE serum foundation and only use 2 drops on my whole face. I use bare shell which is perfect for me. I use my Real Techniques expert face brush to apply this. I put 2 drops on the top of my           brush than dot around my face than really blend in very well, looks and feels great. Don't forget though you have to really shake this really really good or you will just get the serum out without the foundation part so, shake shake shake.

I am really tempted and would love to try the newer BE rescue complexion but not sure of the color, thinking vanilla but should wait till I can get to Ulta to test the colors.

Anyway, no, can't wear BE minerals at all anymore no matter what or how I try to use it or put over it, no way so, tossed all of mine.

I tried the veil as well as others powders etc that said they were for dry skin, no way, made my face look worse.

I have dry sensitive skin and I can't use anything powder at all anymore.

Honored Contributor

I'm 61 and use BE mineral foundation still and have for at least the last 10 years. I don't have that issue with it settling into the fines lines. I use my clarisonic once a day and then am very religous about my skincare. I get many comments about how nice my skin looks. I  have always had  really good skin anyway thanks to my mom and dad--not many wrinkles or lines. I also use bb/cc creams too but not liquid foundation; too thick and heavy.

Valued Contributor

Ladies thank you very much for your time and information. I'm hoping that others willl join in as well. While for my age, I really don't have that many wrinkles, my biggest issue with Bare Minerals Original is that my skin looks dull and dry. My skin is actually dry so I need something that adds more life to my face rather than dullness.

It is not an issue of skin care as I like what I use and am pretty religious about it. And I always use my clarisonic.

I have tried IT CC Cream and find it to be so thick and most of their colors seem to be yellow based and I prefer something more in the pink range.

I have tried Tarte and also the Bare Minerals serum. Biggest issue with the serum is trying to find the right color so I may continue on that mission of finding the right color.

I have not tried the Josie Maran Matchmaker serum which several of you said you like.

There is a Bare Minerals TSV on September 18th that includes the serum foundation so I'll probably order IF I can find a color that works.

Please continue to share what you have found that works for mature, dry skin.

Thanks Again for Your Time.

Honored Contributor

I really don't have dry skin, it was always oily or normal combo skin on my face.

Anyway, I do like the BM Ready Foundation over the mineral powder version they have. I find that using a Primer (I use the Lancome La Base Pro w/o moisterizer) is excellent for me before using any type of foundation. I found that w/o using a primer, the powder settled into fine lines on the face and the liquid foundations did the same with more emphasis on the lines. The Primer seals the imperfections or indentations of the face and the foundation then sits on a flat surface so to speak.

I'm currently using a Cover Girl Natureluxe Foundation in the 340 shade (maple). This also contains a sunscreen of 10 SPF. A little of this foundation goes a long way.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I am 75 and used Bare Minerals loose foundation for 12 yrs. I have combination skin. Last year I switched to IT foundations. I especially like the CC foundation that has 50 sun protection in it. The BM Ready foundation and the loose were beginning to look too chalky on my skin. I find the IT brushes are absolutely fantastic.I also use IT Celebration powder foundation but use IT primer first so the effect is not as dry looking.

Honored Contributor

I'm 50 plus 20 this year and I doubt if I'll ever leave it.  Yes, I experiment, but I rarely leave the house without BM original and peach Mineral Veil.  I always start with a serum and a moisturizer, sometimes a silicone primer and sometimes not.  I've even been using their liquid lightly as a primer when I want extra coverage.  The stuff with the hole in the brush, whatever its called.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I don't use the powder foundation very often anymore. I prefer a liquid.  I tried the Bare Skin serum and it was ok but the problem I had was finding a shade that worked for me.  I chose to buy two different colors and mix them which was time consuming and expensive.

I really like the Complexion Rescue with the BB Mineral Veil over it. (any BE mineral veil that I have works well, too)  I still sue some powder items like Radiances, blushes and Mineral veils and the shadows.

Super Contributor

I am way over 50 and still use it and think it is the best but like one of the other posters I do not have many wrinkles or lines.

I do like the Complextion Rescue a lot.  You might want to try that as it is like a liquid but not really.  It goes on so smooth more like a light gel.