Valued Contributor

Anyone 50+ Leave Bare Minerals Foundation?

I have used BareMinerals original for YEARS. Lately I feel like it looks dull and flat and settles into lines. If you feel the same way..............what did you do? Did adding a Radiance help, or perhaps a different Primer (I use B M primer), or setting product? OR did you leave Bare Minerals for something else? I can't imagine going back to a liquid or cream but I will definitely do it if I can get back a more youthful glow and radiance. I'd love to hear from you. TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone 50+ Leave Bare Minerals Foundation?

I left Bare Minerals years ago. I am 59 and used it off and on. After using it a couple of months my face would start to feel as if it was burning. Then it started looking chalky. I threw it all out and went back to Chanel foundation and sometimes Clinque. I don't wear a whole lot of makeup anyway. Just moisturizer, a little tinted moisturizer or foundation and blush and mascara. I don't like a lot of glop on my face nor do I want to put it on with a trowel. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

At 56, I left Bare Minerals long, long ago.  It started looking dry on me in my 30s. Since my skin is really good, I don't need to cover things, so I found that using Elta MD tinted 41 SPF was the perfect "barely-there" coverage I need. Just gives me a hint of color and "covers" any tiny imperfections just fine.  If you want a real foundation, Estee Lauder's Double Wear is really light.  And, I recently got a sample and was wow'd by Perricone's No Foundation Foundation Serum (different from his No Foundation, Foundation product).  Blends instantly into the skin. A few drops covers the entire face and leaves a natural healthy glow, not a dewy/shiny look, which I hate.  And nothing lands in pores or lines.

Trusted Contributor

@QPrincess  I am close to 60 and still wear Bare Mineral Powder. I use a moisturizing BB Cream and even mix it in my moisturizer sometimes. I do not have wrinkles. Maybe that is why I still can use it.

Honored Contributor

I left Bare Minerals a long time ago too.  I've been using BB/CC creams, but now that my skin is in the best condition of my adult life I've been using either Laura Geller's Baked Elements Foundation or Josie Maran's Matchmaker Powdered Foundation.  I'm liking each of them quite a bit this summer.

Frequent Contributor

Just turned 59,quit using bare minerals because it actually made me look old. Been experimenting with other foundations.All types but I found Josie Maran matchmaker liquid the best for me. I get nice coverage and it doesn't settle into my lines.I like that it matches to your skin color.I was actually in a store today and passed a mirror and thought,hey,I look pretty good.

Trusted Contributor

I had to stop using BE original foundation as it is too dry for me now. I use BE Rescue Tinted Moisturizer for most days and BE Serum foundation on days when I need more coverage. The original just sits on my dry face now. I really loved it though.

Honored Contributor

I stopped with the bareminerals powder about 5 years ago and tried everything else and came back to bm, but the use liquid and love it. Their liquid foundation dries down to a matte finish so it works for me.

Super Contributor

I quit bare minerals because my skin looked flat and dry. I absolutely love Loreal True Match mineral foundation its better than BE and it gives my skin a beautiful radiance and not drying at all.
Respected Contributor

I'm 50 and I still wear Bare Minerals.  In fact I wore it today.  I also use Laura Geller Balance and Brighten when I don't use BM.  I  love the results I get from these products and can't stand liquid foundation anymore.  My mother is 77 and also uses the same products and looks beautiful.