Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyon use a dry shampoo to extend your non-CC days? ++++

On 6/23/2014 FLsunlover said:

I use Dry shampoo when I can't or don't have time to wash my hair. I wish I didn't have to wash my hair everyday, but I do. I love WEN and what it does for my hair, but it hasn't changed or slowed my oil production down at all and I have been using it for several years.

Hi FLsunlover! I have an oily scalp as well. I've been only using WEN for 4 months now. I started with SAM, but quickly realized that even though I was getting amazing 1st day results, I would still have to cleanse every day. Then I discovered that CA is better suited for my hair and scalp needs. So now CA is always my first cleanse and it has done wonders for neutralizing oil production. I also do oil treatments once a week. Since using this regimen, I can go up to 3 (sometimes even 4) days between cleanses. Which scent are you using and are you also incorporating the oils?

Honored Contributor

....doesn't that just mean that WEN really doesn't work for you?

Trusted Contributor

I use Dry shampoo when I can't or don't have time to wash my hair. I wish I didn't have to wash my hair everyday, but I do. I love WEN and what it does for my hair, but it hasn't changed or slowed my oil production down at all and I have been using it for several years.

I used Wen on and off for a few years before I started using it exclusively two and a half years ago. Like you, I still had to wash every day (even on days where I wasn't sweating from running or working out). The biggest difference maker for me was incorporating the Wen oils, doing overnight scalp treatments with them. I try to use them at least twice weekly. After two or three months of this, I could start cleansing my hair every other day (or every third day in winter). If you haven't tried the oils, you might want to consider that.

Also, I think heat and humidity play a HUGE part in how your hair "acts". When I'm home in south Louisiana, I cleanse at least every other day in summer (sometimes every day), I can do every third day in winter. But, when I travel to an area with less humidity, I can go days and days without cleansing. I took a trip to Colorado and went a full WEEK without cleansing, it was dry there and my hair just didn't need it. Same with a trip to Arizona, I only cleansed because I wanted to, or because I had taken a run.

Honored Contributor

On 6/23/2014 chrystaltree said:

....doesn't that just mean that WEN really doesn't work for you?

Ah..... No.

Thanks ladies. I just put my hair up in a French Twist as it's going to be almost 90 today. I LOVE It's A 10 dry shampoo; I think it's the best out there. When I started using WEN, I found I didn't have a need for it. My goal is to use only WEN and see what happens this summer with my hair (Until a few weeks ago, I still used other styling products, masks, etc with the WEN CC's). I only oil the night BEFORE I am going to CC my hair, but something came up this morning and the time simply wasn't there.

Think I'll add more tonight along with Remoist and don a shower cap, lol.

Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 DoxieMomma said:

I used Wen on and off for a few years before I started using it exclusively two and a half years ago. Like you, I still had to wash every day (even on days where I wasn't sweating from running or working out). The biggest difference maker for me was incorporating the Wen oils, doing overnight scalp treatments with them. I try to use them at least twice weekly. After two or three months of this, I could start cleansing my hair every other day (or every third day in winter). If you haven't tried the oils, you might want to consider that.

Also, I think heat and humidity play a HUGE part in how your hair "acts". When I'm home in south Louisiana, I cleanse at least every other day in summer (sometimes every day), I can do every third day in winter. But, when I travel to an area with less humidity, I can go days and days without cleansing. I took a trip to Colorado and went a full WEEK without cleansing, it was dry there and my hair just didn't need it. Same with a trip to Arizona, I only cleansed because I wanted to, or because I had taken a run.

I do use the oils, but probably not as much as I should. I need to make more of an effort to remember to use them I suppose. I am in Florida and it is hot and humid 9 months out of the year, so I am sure that plays a part too.

Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 Serena11 said:

Hi FLsunlover! I have an oily scalp as well. I've been only using WEN for 4 months now. I started with SAM, but quickly realized that even though I was getting amazing 1st day results, I would still have to cleanse every day. Then I discovered that CA is better suited for my hair and scalp needs. So now CA is always my first cleanse and it has done wonders for neutralizing oil production. I also do oil treatments once a week. Since using this regimen, I can go up to 3 (sometimes even 4) days between cleanses. Which scent are you using and are you also incorporating the oils?

Hello!

CA is the only CC I haven't used yet. I just always thought it would be too drying for my color treated hair, but I may give it a shot! We recently just bought a house with well water and I noticed my hair is a lot less dry now, so CA may just work.