Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody with fine, thin, bone-straight hair?

Thank you for your kind words @Goldengate8361.Woman Very Happy Which size 
Voloom did you get? I find that the petite one works really well even for longer hair. I don't use my full-size one anymore since I got the petite one. It's also lighter and easier to hold and manipulate. I hope you will like it. Please post your review here after you receive your new Voloom!Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee I got the full size one. I will let you know how I like it. I honestly had never heard of such a thing before your post. Cheers!

Esteemed Contributor

Had this problem all my life!  My hair is not thin but is baby fine and as stiff as haywire and snow white!

I get perms!  EKE!  I know all the fuss on here about abusing my hair!  I found a salon that uses Goldwell products.  I get a perm on the pink and grey rods and let it dry when taken off the curlers.

I get a very natural body and movement that I keep cut short and kinds let it do its thing.  Always get compliments on it because it looks natural and not the "elderly poodle curl" that you see so often.

Similar to this ....

Image result for short hair for elderly lady

but bangs not quite this short.  The back is naturally 2 toned.  White with a darker bottom.  Not much I can do with it but keep it clean and smile!

Frequent Contributor

Mine is the same,  finally after 58 years I have found a stylist at Super Cuts who cuts my hair dry, into a " lob".  The front is a bit longer while the back just above my shoulders. I wash and go no blow dryer necessary and it's great! Occasionally I hit it with a flat iron for more definition. I usually love changing my hair, never cutting it the same way twice until now....told my friends and family they may become tired of it before I ever change it again! It's so much more healthy without the blow drying and all the products I had to use.  Good luck in your search!

Respected Contributor

I  wear my hair long and or in a pony tail.  I like to use a light finishing spray  or pantene airspray  which is brushable. It gives me thickness and fullness. I like Pantene airspray, matrix volume rose, Nick Chavez Amazon  spray.  I spray it all threw my hair and then brush.  Also Hempz and Mizani has a great shine spray I like to use

Frequent Contributor

Unless I have a professional blow dry (rare) I like my bone straight hair which is shoulder length in a high bun with a headband. It is off my neck and can be dressed up or down.

Occasional Contributor

Me! My whole life! The cut that always works for me is a bob or lob, with an undercut. The hair is cut shortest closest to the neck, with each layer after just a little longer. The effect is of a blunt cut. If it's cut right, I can leave the house with wet hair and when it's dry, it will be curved under. Just don't let it get down to my shoulders, because it's liable to start doing a flip thing, which I don't like.

Respected Contributor

@Dorianwalk wrote:

Me! My whole life! The cut that always works for me is a bob or lob, with an undercut. The hair is cut shortest closest to the neck, with each layer after just a little longer. The effect is of a blunt cut. If it's cut right, I can leave the house with wet hair and when it's dry, it will be curved under. Just don't let it get down to my shoulders, because it's liable to start doing a flip thing, which I don't like.

Sounds like mine.  I found the blunt cut is the one that makes my fine hair look the fullest. Mine flips up at the ends too if not cut short enough.  Six weeks is the longest I can go without a trim.

Honored Contributor

I have a layered cut, sort of like Martha Stewart's hair--not TOO layered but it helps give me some oomph.  Mine is shorter on the top and midsections that hers--and in layers and thinned a little.  And the sides are shorter than Martha's.

I can wash my hair, towel dry it until just damp and the top is great in the morning. For dressier things, I will blow it dry with a round brush for  more volume.  A little teasing at the crown, a spritz of hairspray, and it is good to go!  

LOVE my cut and  color!  The good cut is the key!  My hair is very fine but thick, and this cut is THE answer for me.  Good luck all who have fine hair! 

Honored Contributor

I have the finest, thinnest, straightest hair on the planet!! You know how I make it look fantastic?? I get regular haircuts. I wear my problem hair in a pixie style/spiky on top. I get it colored (adds volume) and highlighted on top. When I complain about my fine, limp hair people just look at me in disbelief. The way I wear my hair you cannot even notice the issues I always have with my hair. 

"Pure Michigan"