Esteemed Contributor

Anybody use a makeup setting spray?

[ Edited ]

If so, does it keep your makeup looking great longer? I am thinking about trying the one from loreal. I'm curious if they make a difference....

Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody use a makeup setting spray?

Yes, and I do believe it helps my makeup stay all day. I recently bought the Smashbox primer spray that I use prior to applying my makeup. I wondered if this stuff was good or if it was a fluke. It I sort of tacky which helps my foundation "stick" to it. I really like it. Now, for my setting spray I use the Ben Nye one that I purchased off of Camera Ready Cosmetics. I wouldn't leave my house without it. 

Valued Contributor

Mac Prime + Fix it. Used it for years. It really doesn't make my MU last longer but smooths it out  gives a dewy finish. Also, if I've got heavy handed with my MU it softens it and makes it look less cakey.  Wear time is the same but less fading & turning another color by the end of the day. 

Frequent Contributor

I usually use Urban decay's De-slick oil control makeup setting spray. I find it helps with the longevity of my makeup and keeps my shine down

Super Contributor

I think (most) makeup setting sprays are effective!

Lately I've been loving Tarte's Rainforest of the Sea Marine Boosting mist. I got a travel/deluxe sample in a kit and just bought the full-size bottle from Sephora.

Respected Contributor

I have a few UD setting sprays, I rarely use them- I am not thrilled with how they feel on my skin.

I do  LOVE my newest primer by Hourglass.  It is the first primer that does not irritate my skin and really works.

Honored Contributor

I got a sample of the UD makeup setting spray and wondered about it. I take it you close your eyes to apply it? How far away from your face do you hold it?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I use Urban Decay setting spray and have tried/used many other brands over the years but this is by far the best I ever tried.  

Respected Contributor

I don't use it often, I have a spritzer of Model In A Bottle that I have had so long I am not sure it's even made anymore! When I need it, it works!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I got a sample of the UD makeup setting spray and wondered about it. I take it you close your eyes to apply it? How far away from your face do you hold it?

Can anyone answer my questions? Particularly the 2nd question. Thanks.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼