Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody use a makeup setting spray?

[ Edited ]

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I got a sample of the UD makeup setting spray and wondered about it. I take it you close your eyes to apply it? How far away from your face do you hold it?

Can anyone answer my questions? Particularly the 2nd question. Thanks.

Yes, Model In A Bottle works when I choose to use it. It does work keeping my make-up from breaking down, I just feel I don't really need it. Close eyes, spray about a foot away, per instructions.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I do on some occasions. Urban Decay All Nighter is my favorite if I really need my makeup to stay in place and look good.

For more everyday stuff, I use a moisture mist that isn't necessarily designed for longevity, but to set makeup so it looks nicer. I like WEN Replenishing Treatment Mist for that.

Regular Contributor

I saw a video on the TUBE that suggested spraying the applicator of the makeup I was applying.  I like that so much better than a spray for my face.  I think it works very well. I have been using Urban Decay

Esteemed Contributor

I just use Avian water in a fine spray bottle.

Occasional Contributor

I used e.l.f.'s setting spray for quite a while until I recently tried the Makeup Forever spray in the travel size.  I honestly can't tell that the MUFE is any better, so I will probably go back to the e.l.f.  I'm also interested in trying NYX's version.

Respected Contributor

I think for the most part that most of them are made about the same. When I get done with my Ben Nye one I am going to try the Skindinavia ones. I'm curious about them. I also have Macs Fix plus and use it to wet my brushes when I want an eyeshadow to really show up. 

Honored Contributor

I use Urban Decay deSlick.  It's amazing stuff!  I don't need it so much during the colder months but for 9 out of the 12 months here in Texas, it's a god-send.  I don't know how it works but it works.  What amazes me is how it can even keep mascara looking good after a night's sleep.  I usually use the blow dryer on the cold setting to dry it.