Respected Contributor

Anybody use MAC Cosmetics foundations?

[ Edited ]

Years ago I used MAC powder foundation but moved on to something else. I try foundation after foundation trying to find something I love. Typically, I find a texture/result I like, but can't get a perfect color match, or vice versa. After doing some late night reading last night, I've decided to try MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation. Has anyone tried it? Or have you used any other MAC foundations that you like? I'm always up for trying anything so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody use MAC Cosmetics foundations?

@Rachb I have the white and have tried all of their types... they break me out.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 not sure what you mean by "the white."
Respected Contributor

The Studio Fix Powder is really nice & you can most certainly find a color match there. They also have some new liquid foundations. Talk to one of the SAs & maybe take home a couple of samples to try that you think may work for your skin type.

Respected Contributor

@Dusty1 thanks! I'm going to try to get to Macy's today.
Frequent Contributor

They all break me out to.  Within hours.

Honored Contributor

@Rachb

There is a pure white liquid foundation that was recommended to me by several posters here. It is a "face and body" foundation. Actually, someone on makeup Alley also advised that she keeps it on hand to mix with other foundations in order to lighten them.

This would be good except as I mentioned, whatever is in them, the MAC foundations break me out. They discontinued my only fav shade NW10.

The white had to be ordered by me out of their more exclusive store at Northpark in Dallas. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 very interesting. Thank you for the info! I went to Macy's today and was color matched to nc15. It seems like a really good match. I bought the Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, Prep and Prime Fix+, and a pinwheel. The pinwheel is 4 colors that I can use in place of blush or as a finishing powder. It gives my fair skin a really nice glow. I'll wear the foundation for a week and see how it goes.

Valued Contributor

I've used Studio Fix over my CC creams for years and love the results. I like the "finish" from the studio fix". 

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

@SuZ it's not too matte, not too dewy. And using the finishing spray gives a nice airbrushed effect.