Contributor

Anybody use J.Maran body cream as a hair mask?

I'm looking for a good overnight hair mask for dry hair, hopefully with something I already have at home. Has anyone used Josie Maran's whipped body cream as a hair mask?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody use J.Maran body cream as a hair mask?

@HarwichHelen wrote:

I'm looking for a good overnight hair mask for dry hair, hopefully with something I already have at home. Has anyone used Josie Maran's whipped body cream as a hair mask?

Wow I use all JM products, but never thought of trying the body butter...(I use Wen on my hair though)..I would think it would be hard to rinse out, but if you try it let us know..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have products that are designed to be hair masks that are thicker than her body cream.I don't see why it wouldn't work...just whipped argon oil isn't it?

Regular Contributor

Mayonnaise. Plain and simple. 

The best conditioner you'll ever use. It doesn't even have to be overnight. Just a couple of hours. Slather it on. Wrap in Saran Wrap. Watch a movie. Wash it out. 

Valued Contributor

Never thought of mayo. Will it work on colored treated hair?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@De Anna

I don't see why not. 

Also, a few drops of any oil (argon, olive, coconut, whatever you use on your face) drawn through your hair while it's still damp after washing is a leave-in conditioner. I think rosehips oil might lighten your hair, though. 

Trusted Contributor

I think this is genius, and too who would of thunk it!  It's not heavy, and it's pure.Argan.

Really has anyone done this?

Respected Contributor

We need a brave soul to try this. Any volunteers??? Lol

Contributor

I guess that since I asked the question I should try it and let you all know how it works. I'll do it tonight! Just for reference, I have short, blond hair that is lightened and very fine. My hair tends to be dry, and no matter what I put on in the daytime as a leave-in or after cleansing, my hair still looks dry and not as shiny as I would like. And if I put oil on after cleansing, it looks too oily. So I'm hoping this will moisturize overnight. Will keep you posted!

Respected Contributor

@HarwichHelen wrote:

I guess that since I asked the question I should try it and let you all know how it works. I'll do it tonight! Just for reference, I have short, blond hair that is lightened and very fine. My hair tends to be dry, and no matter what I put on in the daytime as a leave-in or after cleansing, my hair still looks dry and not as shiny as I would like. And if I put oil on after cleansing, it looks too oily. So I'm hoping this will moisturize overnight. Will keep you posted!

@HarwichHelen Good luck. Am really interested to hear how this goes.