Regular Contributor

Re: Anybody use J.Maran body cream as a hair mask?

[ Edited ]

I have tried her Body Butter on my face, my hair, everywhere. I'll stick with pure argan oil on my hair as a leave-in. The BB is not pure argan oil. 

Is her Body Cream different from her Body Butter?

Trusted Contributor

I've used it as a leave in and sometimes later to refresh. I only use a wee little bit on dryer areas. I have which wavy hair. I think it helps the condition of my hair, but I have actual hair masks I use already, too. My scalp can get oily so I don't want to try this as a mask myself.

I couldn't stomach the smell of mayonnaise in my hair, and especially the after scent of it either. It smelled like I swam in the river, it took a couple shampoos to get the smell out.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StraytoStay

Yeah. The mayo definitely smells. It's the egg.  

Such is the price of beauty. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks Linal, will try it. Thnks again.

Honored Contributor

No, just use coconut oil it works great 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I don't use Josie's BB's as a hair mask, but I do run my hands thru my damp hair after a shower after I've used the BB on the rest of me & my hands still have some product on them before I blowdry my hair.  I don't use enough to make my hair greasy, just enough to help tame the static flyaways.

Respected Contributor

@LinaL, I remember years ago women used mayonnaise. If I could just get past the smell. I detest mayonnaise. Lol!

Contributor

Well, here's my report on this experiment. I slathered it on and slept with a towel on my pillow. It felt good on my hair and dried so it wasn't messy to sleep on. I washed it off in the morning; it came out easily. I was a little disappointed in the results because I expected my hair to look more moisturized and shiny. Instead, it was hardly different at all, maybe even a little duller and drier looking than usual. If I had just used argan oil I think the results would be better. I think I'll try that tonight!

Contributor

Sorry, I said body cream but I meant body butter. I will stick to using plain argan oil or Wen oil as an overnight mask; I wasn't happy with the results from using the body butter.

Contributor

I think I've found my perfect overnight hair mask. Last night I used a hefty amount of J. Maran's argan oil on my hair, paying special attention to the ends, and slept with a towel covering my pillow. This morning after I washed my hair, it was silky and shiny, with body and no oily look. I think that doing this a couple of times a week will take care of my dry, dull look. Happy to have a simple solution!