Trusted Contributor

Anybody try the new Kate Somerville Eye Product?

I kind of want to try it but I returned so much from Christmas I'm kind of nervous about that. I've tried everything for dark circles to no avail; just wondering if this works.

TIA!!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

Re: Anybody try the new Kate Somerville Eye Product?

Oh -- did they show it on QVC? I"ll go check out the video. I got an email from Kate Somerville about it, and it looked interesting but haven't looked more closely. What about it tempted you?

Trusted Contributor

If it's the Age Arrest eye cream, I noticed it at Nordstroms a couple of months ago so I read the reviews on Nordstroms & Sephora's website and they weren't so great so I didn't buy it or get samples. If you live close to a Nordstroms or Sephora why don't you get a sample first to see if you like it before ordering it if you're on the fence about ordering before trying. I've tried so many eye products that I've returned that I try to sample it first before buying it. I also do not think any one product is going to resolve all your issues. IMHO, it's best to identify what your biggest concerns are and then find the best product for that concern. Use multiple products and layer them from thinnest to thickest. If you do get the eye product, please post back here on BB and let us know how you felt the product worked for you.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Regular Contributor

The new eye product is NOT the Age Arrest eye cream. That's been out for some time. The new product is from the Kateceuticals line and is called Contouring Eye Serum. $125 for 1/2 oz. Ingredients below.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Glycerin, Glycolipids, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Pullulan, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Algae extract, Ceramide 2, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Maltodextrin, Pentapeptide-18, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Leaf Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Glyceryl Linoleate, Sucrose Palmitate, Tocopherol

Trusted Contributor

On 1/23/2015 ProductGuy said:

The new eye product is NOT the Age Arrest eye cream. That's been out for some time. The new product is from the Kateceuticals line and is called Contouring Eye Serum. $125 for 1/2 oz. Ingredients below.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Glycerin, Glycolipids, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Pullulan, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Adenosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Algae extract, Ceramide 2, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Maltodextrin, Pentapeptide-18, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Leaf Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Commiphora Mukul Resin Extract, Glyceryl Linoleate, Sucrose Palmitate, Tocopherol

Have you tried it? It's got a lot of silicone in it. So anyone milia prone might want to stay away from this one.

Regular Contributor

On 1/23/2015 UMDTerpFan said:

Have you tried it? It's got a lot of silicone in it. So anyone milia prone might want to stay away from this one.

I haven't tried it. I'm not currently using anything separate on my eye area or my neck. My moisturizer goes everywhere. Admittedly, every time I see a photo of myself, which in this day of Facebook is way too often, I say, "Maybe a neck cream and eye cream would be a good idea." {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 ProductGuy said:
On 1/23/2015 UMDTerpFan said:

I haven't tried it. I'm not currently using anything separate on my eye area or my neck. My moisturizer goes everywhere. Admittedly, every time I see a photo of myself, which in this day of Facebook is way too often, I say, "Maybe a neck cream and eye cream would be a good idea." {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Personally, I use an eye product, actually quite a few, LOL. I know a lot of people here on BB think you don't need a separate eye cream (or neck cream for that matter) but I've read plenty of dermatologist's interviews who said the skin under the eye is the thinnest skin on the body and it needs creams made specifically to work in that area. I've also read that serums are more powerful than creams. So I layer my products and look for the best product that works for me on specific issues like dark circles, wrinkles & crosshatching wrinkles, sagging skin under the brows etc as I've never found one product that worked on every issue. But if you are looking for something for dryness, I think Kiehl's Creamy Eye cream with Avocado is the best. It's pretty inexpensive at about $28 and the jar lasts me a long time. Rub it between fingers pat it on and allow to soak in for about 5 minutes. It doesn't have any antiaging abilities that I am aware of but for dryness & fine wrinkles, it does work great.

Trusted Contributor

It's called the Illuminating eye treatment and right now is .5 oz for $49+. I just ordered it, so if it's good, I'll report back. I've tried everything from expensive to inexpensive. No harm trying it again. I desperately need something for dark circles and puffy eyes; that's what it is for.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney