Esteemed Contributor

Anybody tried botox? Do u recommend it? Need advice

I have agreed to go with a girlfriend tomorrow and get Botox. She's done it quite a bit; I've never done it---and I'm a little scared. I want the Botox in the area between my eyebrows. I'd love to hear your experiences with Botox. (Yes, it will be from a plastic surgeon that's board certified in plastic surgery, etc.) Your thoughts?....
Super Contributor

Re: Anybody tried botox? Do u recommend it? Need advice

I find it curious, Goldengate, that you don't mention your age or why you want Botox and whether you've used non-invasive treatments first.

But I've never had Botox so perhaps I can't give you an answer you're looking for. I don't think I would use Botox. In a world where money were no issue, I might go for fillers. Not 100% sure.

Good luck! I hope you're happy with the result! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/14/2014 Irishrose136 said:

I find it curious, Goldengate, that you don't mention your age or why you want Botox and whether you've used non-invasive treatments first.

But I've never had Botox so perhaps I can't give you an answer you're looking for. I don't think I would use Botox. In a world where money were no issue, I might go for fillers. Not 100% sure.

Good luck! I hope you're happy with the result! Smiley Happy

You are right; I should have provided more details. I'm 53 years old and I've never tried ANY kind of injection or procedure. I've never even been to a dermatologist. I would like to get rid of the "H" between my eye brows (aka "railroad tracks").
Esteemed Contributor

You will do fine. Botox is great for 11's and if you don't like it for some reason, it will wear away in a few months.

Good luck. You will probably love it. It usually takes anywhere from 3 to 10 days to really "kick in" so be patient.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, Beckie. Really appreciate your feedback. I'm going to give it a try---just in the 11 area I think.....
Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 BeckiWV said:

You will do fine. Botox is great for 11's and if you don't like it for some reason, it will wear away in a few months.

Good luck. You will probably love it. It usually takes anywhere from 3 to 10 days to really "kick in" so be patient.

botox only lasts a few months? That surprises me, I always thought it was longer, like at least 6 months. Does it vary how long it lasts or is that pretty standard?

Good luck, OP, I hope you will be happy with your results! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} You will be hooked! I love it, been getting it for years, when I can't go for financial reasons, I long for it! Hope you have great results. It takes effect in 5 days or so, it's not immediate! Don't think it didn't work, also, ice the area when you get home. I tend to bruise, you may not. Post your results...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/14/2014 HappyDaze said:

botox only lasts a few months? That surprises me, I always thought it was longer, like at least 6 months. Does it vary how long it lasts or is that pretty standard?

I was speaking pretty generally when I said "few", just from my own personal experience. For me, it lasts like 4-5 months. I'm sorry that was unclear. I was just meaning if she didn't like it, it wouldn't be permanent. Smiley Happy

I think they say it lasts anywhere from about 3 to 6 months, more or less, depending on the person. It does vary. I usually get it maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I like to let it wear off completely before I get it again. It usually takes better the next time if I do that.

I last had it in March. It's pretty much worn off now, but I don't want to get it again for a couple of months so it will still be good for the holidays.

Valued Contributor

On 7/14/2014 HappyDaze said:

I've been getting Botox for the last 5 years or so. I turned 57 back in April. I have those awful 11's going on (they're actually kind of crooked 11's!) and Botox is truly a miracle. My 11's can make me look a bit angry - even when I'm not!! As BeckiWV says it takes between 3-10 days for it to kick in. As for how long it will last really depends on each individual. For me it usually lasts about 5 months. For my Mom, she's ready for a touch up after 3 months. I can say one thing, Goldengate8361, once the Botox kicks in you are going to love the results! Come back and post in a couple of weeks and let us know what you think. Best wishes to you!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info, Becki! I had never heard that some let it wear off completely before they do it again because it can take better. Interesting- you learn something new every day! Smiley Happy