Super Contributor

Re: Anybody like oils in baths?

When tubs were longer I loved baths, what happened to shorten them? I loved avons skin so soft in a bath.

Frequent Contributor

I put a dollop of apple cider vinegar in the bath to soften the water and add essential oils that suit my fancy to dead sea salt and add that right before I step in. Pure luxury. I put lotions on after I step out.

Super Contributor

On 1/22/2014 caninefitchi said:

I put a dollop of apple cider vinegar in the bath to soften the water and add essential oils that suit my fancy to dead sea salt and add that right before I step in. Pure luxury. I put lotions on after I step out.

Interesting. I have never heard any one mention adding Apple cider vinegar. Sounds like you have your own spa day right at homeSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 1/22/2014 lulu2 said:

I enjoy oils in my bath but they make the tub slippery and difficult to clean.

I'll second that. Love it, but hate the clean up.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

I love oils! I use them in the bath and shower; I usually use an almond oil I get from our local health food store....I never use moisturizers except on my face , never liked how they feel...i use oils right before I step out of the shower....just love them
Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Valued Contributor

I would try it if I weren't already afraid of slipping. I love the idea.

Sometimes I think the jacuzzi bath in the house I'm renting was made only for show because it's ridiculously deep and set in wide tiling. I have no idea how anyone elderly or with even the slightest infirmity could cope with it. It's like climbing over a gate to get in and out and I feel like I'm risking life and limb. The last think I need is a slippery surface!

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2014 Pagan said:

I would try it if I weren't already afraid of slipping. I love the idea.

Sometimes I think the jacuzzi bath in the house I'm renting was made only for show because it's ridiculously deep and set in wide tiling. I have no idea how anyone elderly or with even the slightest infirmity could cope with it. It's like climbing over a gate to get in and out and I feel like I'm risking life and limb. The last think I need is a slippery surface!

I know what you mean. We have one, but it does have steel handle grips on each side of the tub, which helps tremendously with getting in and out.

Still, even a couple drops of oil really makes the bottom of the tub so slippery that I have to be extra cautious while I'm in the tub.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I like the Neutrogena one at WM, the rain bath and body oil. Cheap and works well and smells great.

Super Contributor

On 1/22/2014 caninefitchi said:

sound heavenly. I do a similar bath. So pampering!