Respected Contributor

Anybody know: silicone application sponges?

I was on the Big A this morning looking for wedge non- latex applicator sponges.  These are new to me, but silicone application sponges were everywhere.....if you use them, what are the advantages?

They were all round-I love wedges or something with some kind of angle on it for getting into tight spots....but clearly, there's a demand for them. Thanks for sharing,

Poodlepet2

Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody know: silicone application sponges?

I bought a silicone sponge but it just came yesterday. Will try it today and let you know. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it's like this one it didn't blend well for me. I tossed it. Not sure why they call them sponges because these are more like a gel pad.

c40904f3-31b3-4df9-9d6a-b98953484aa0_1.449889684f9198e7c67ce794bb63f924.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Are those pink egg sponge things silicone?

Respected Contributor

Fluffysmom, not all of the egg shaped sponges are the same at all: I wanted to get backups for my original Beauty Blender Sponge (8 yrs.old: constantly gets washed), because my Granddog can jump. I thought it was just a matter of timeSmiley Happy!

There is a lot of garbage out there-I know, because I've bought it thinking they were dupes.  I have no idea what they make them from: I ended up with one that seemed to be made of cellulose-the type found in a kitchen sponge!!

@SilleeMee,  as per your recommendation, I don't think I will be ordering it-but I'm interested in hearing what Bailey has to say.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

They remind me of the feet gel pads. They get horrid reviews! In fact,t I use a foot gel pad for mixing 2 different shades of tinted moisturizers, one side is smooth just like that one they sell. lol! I believe Wayne Goss on youtube has a review of them.