Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody else thrilled with Alberti?

Thrilled? I'm not thrilled by any shopping channel host. But I do like him, he does a good job and he's a refreshing change from all the female hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

Thrilled? Um no. I'm not invested in anyone host enough to say I'm thrilled watching them try to sell me stuff.

But then I'm a give me the facts, show me the colors, let's see it on a model...kind of shopper. All the rest is just noise.

Don't get me wrong...I like to listen/watch the 'funny' vendors from time to time...but mostly I just want to see the products on the models to gauge how the fit/flow/colors work.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 physicsnut said:

He is one of the reasons I watch less and less He seems ""put"" in the position for all the wrong reasons. Just a turn off - plain and simple.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Thrilled...umm, no. But Alberti is doing a good job for someone so new. With a little more experience, I think he will be someone I could really like!

Frequent Contributor

Don't get me wrong, but Alberti being a sidekick answering beauty questions on Facebook while Lisa hosts the beauty show is a tad uncomfortable. I know there are many male make-up artists but he wasn't trained as being such. He really comes across sweet though and I give him props for trying.
Regular Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Lila4now said:

He does an excellent job! He works hard to try and give us the needed information. He has a vocabulary large enough he doesn't have to make up words, like other hosts do. His personal stories don't interfere with giving us information, no long tangents that go on and on. Other hosts could learn something from him, I don't care if he's fairly new to the job. He comes prepared for his shows. You can always understand him, and he doesn't yell at customers. I really don't like it when hosts feel the need to the same as yell. We're not on a carnival midway!

Along with the other posts, your posts are dead-on correct across the board! Alberti clearly enjoys his job, but is extremely professional about how he approaches it. Impressive hire.

Honored Contributor

He's still coiled too tightly for me. I'll like him better as he gains experience, but he does well as a newbie.

I like the hosts to have their own personalities and their own interests. When all they tell me is what is printed on their cards, I'm bored. I could read all that for myself on the website. If he stays so "professional" I'll end up watching him the way I watch HSN - for the 3 seconds it takes to turn the channel.

Respected Contributor

Meh ... I would not say thrilled.

Super Contributor

No, not in the least.

Respected Contributor

He seems like a very nice guy, but given enough time folks will start to pick and criticize with the I wish he wouldn't.... Never fails.