Respected Contributor

Anybody Watching "Child Genius"??

Don't know where to put this.

I've been watching this show (love to watch kids), but last night I slept right through both showings of the current episode. I'd love to know who went home last night, but it won't be on again for a week. If you watched it, please let me know who the winner and loser were in last night's episode. And thanks a bunch!Smile

Valued Contributor

Re: Anybody Watching ""Child Genius""??

Good Morning Perkup. We look forward to watching the show every week and have grown to like the kids. In last night's episode, Benyamin went home and Kathryn was in first place. Poor Benyamin. He cried both times upon finishing his challenge. Makes my heart break to see the pressure on some of these kids. I really like Ryan but his family gets on my last nerve. His mother is just awful.

Honored Contributor

The one I watched had the little boy who wore the cap, went home. His dad is the karate guy. But they both said that it bonded them closer and they both were happy with that. Yes he did cry, but that's a lot of pressure and work for the kids! I couldn't do it.

Respected Contributor

Thank you both so very much. I slept through the last half of the first showing. Set my alarm to wake up for the second one about midnight. Woke up and watched about the first half again and then went to sleep before it ended. Not a big deal, but a big let down for me.

I liked little Benyamin. He seemed like a sweet kid, but you knew he couldn't win. I also like the boy whose mother wants to be home with her other kids, but feels she has to support her son since he is doing so well. She seems like a good, supportive Mom.

Then there's the father of the girl (can't remember name) who thinks that all the world's problems can all be solved if you just "drink more water"! I don't see how the poor girl can stay seated on the show without a restroom break.

And I agree with you w84WEN. There is something miserable to me about Ryan's Mother. She is worse than any stage mother I've ever seen. Doesn't matter how well her son does it's the same old story. "He doesn't focus" or "He should have studied more". So glad I don't know any more like her around here! I know he'll be glad when he goes off to college one day to get away from her!!

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Perkup said:

Thank you both so very much. I slept through the last half of the first showing. Set my alarm to wake up for the second one about midnight. Woke up and watched about the first half again and then went to sleep before it ended. Not a big deal, but a big let down for me.

I liked little Benyamin. He seemed like a sweet kid, but you knew he couldn't win. I also like the boy whose mother wants to be home with her other kids, but feels she has to support her son since he is doing so well. She seems like a good, supportive Mom.

Then there's the father of the girl (can't remember name) who thinks that all the world's problems can all be solved if you just "drink more water"! I don't see how the poor girl can stay seated on the show without a restroom break.

And I agree with you w84WEN. There is something miserable to me about Ryan's Mother. She is worse than any stage mother I've ever seen. Doesn't matter how well her son does it's the same old story. "He doesn't focus" or "He should have studied more". So glad I don't know any more like her around here! I know he'll be glad when he goes off to college one day to get away from her!!

I've watched this show from the beginning. You must be taking about the mother whose son gets 14 of 15 correct and he could have done better. The father is just as bad. I wish Ryan would say "I could have done better in the parents' category".

I've watched Dance Moms and cannot believe that show. Abby is going crazy. Hollie finally opened up her mouth and that new mom and daughter..Unbelievable. Pouring paint on a girl to simulate "Blood" is bizarre.

Honestly, Abby should be arrested for child endangerment. I just cannot believe this is real.

Respected Contributor

I do watch Dance Moms - again I love to watch young people. Doesn't matter if they are dancing, singing, on quiz shows, or on something like Child Genius.

Yes, I am talking about the manic mother. Her son is Ryan. As DH says, "she wouldn't be satisfied with a front seat in Heaven - she'd want to be on the stage". I guess the Dad is just as bad, but he at least he doesn't make that "something smells bad" face when he talks.

I thought that they used something harmless to pour over Jojo that resembled blood. I think paint would have been almost impossible to remove. I know that the whole thing is contrived, but I do miss the girls who have left the Team, and wish that at leasts Chloe would come back. My favorite dancer is McKenzie - Maddie is just wonderful, but Mac is sooo cute and manages to keep up with everyone in spite of her age. Obviously Abby is a good actress, as she seems to be able to pull off even the strangest behavior. What don't I like? I hate the Candy Apples segments. Don't like that woman. And I don't like Sarah's Mom Christie.

Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Perkup said:

I do watch Dance Moms - again I love to watch young people. Doesn't matter if they are dancing, singing, on quiz shows, or on something like Child Genius.

Yes, I am talking about the manic mother. Her son is Ryan. As DH says, "she wouldn't be satisfied with a front seat in Heaven - she'd want to be on the stage". I guess the Dad is just as bad, but he at least he doesn't make that "something smells bad" face when he talks.

I thought that they used something harmless to pour over Jojo that resembled blood. I think paint would have been almost impossible to remove. I know that the whole thing is contrived, but I do miss the girls who have left the Team, and wish that at leasts Chloe would come back. My favorite dancer is McKenzie - Maddie is just wonderful, but Mac is sooo cute and manages to keep up with everyone in spite of her age. Obviously Abby is a good actress, as she seems to be able to pull off even the strangest behavior. What don't I like? I hate the Candy Apples segments. Don't like that woman. And I don't like Sarah's Mom Christie.

This is OT, but thought since you watched Dance Moms, you might want to see what Chloe is up to. She looks so happy.... http://www.inquisitr.com/1759043/chloe-lukasiak-shares-post-dance-moms-update-how-is-she-doing-now/

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

No, but watching the Kanye West interview was like watching a man who believes he's a genius act like a child.

Respected Contributor

I guess it was a good place to ask the question. There is also a TV forum. If you go to the list of forums in the left, it's listed under entertainment.

I watch Dance Moms but haven't caught this season.