Esteemed Contributor

Anybody Here Wear False Eyelashes?

[ Edited ]

I have never worn them, but have been curious about trying them.

Of course, I want them to look as "natural" as possible, and not scream "FALSIES" from a mile away, and I have seen false eyelashes that have been incredibly obvious.

I have been watching tutorials on Youtube, but was interested in your opinions on it.

Also, I have a question, which is, do you put them on before or after your eye makeup?

I am looking forward to your responses!

Thanks in advance!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody Here Wear False Eyelashes?

I am allergic to glue........even surgical grade, so can't wear them.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

My DD gets them applied at a salon.

They stay on for a long time.

I would never consider it.   I want nothing like that near my eyes.

Respected Contributor

Never have and never will!!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nope.  

Respected Contributor

No never. Don’t want to look like a real housewife. I am blessed with good lashes though.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819Have you watched Lisa Eldrige on youtube. She has a tutorial using individual lashes as opposed to one band of false lashes. The individualsl are much more natural looking as you can use less or more.. If you have short lashes & don't want to layer so much mascara this is a good option for you to apply occasionaly. Watch it! I have used them before & they are beautiful & natural looking. She shows them with or without mascara. HTH Much more natural then eyelash extensions which are very costly HTH oh, if you wear shadow, you apply that first, you do not need eye liner with that menthod if thats your preference

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I do enough between skin care and make-up. It's exhausting to think of having to add yet another something!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor

I have the individual lashes applied at a salon. For youngest son’s wedding, instead of going to hair salon, I decided to have eyelashes applied just for his wedding. That was almost ten years ago. Recently had cataract surgery so most every eyelash came off. My real eyelashes are still healthy and long, they have just always been fine. I have s lot of them, according to my eyelash tech, but they are very fine. You can select the length and the thickness, plus how many you want for each eye. They are very realistic! Just ask around to find the best tech and the best lashes and glue! They have glue for sensitive eyes and for those with allergies to glue. There are different brands, and I did my homework to find the brand of lashes I wanted. I never notice them, they have never felt heavy nor bothered my eyes, and I have light colored eyes and loads of allergies. I just don’t have the eyesight to put them on myself. I know some places use strips instead of individuals, but I swear by the individuals. Find a good tech! I have gone to the same tech for years and we are now good friends. I have even become good friends with her mom and pup sit their diabetic chihuahua when they travel with daughter who usually pup sits for them.
Super Contributor

I don't but would love to every NOW and then but I have very teary eyes and no glue will make them stay on.